Apprenticeship Faculty, Part-time
Albany Campus, Albany, OR
Deliver instruction during evening classes to students in the
electrical or mechanical apprenticeship programs. Electrical
courses include electrical theory, electrical motors and controls,
limited energy electrical, and National Electrical Code.
Industrial/Mechanical courses include Safe Rigging practices,
Machinery Alignment, Vibration Analysis, etc. Development and
reconfiguration of curriculum related to coursework in accordance
with required learning outcomes and training expectations.
Associate of Science degree or equivalent in industrial
electronics, computer science, manufacturing, industrial
engineering, physics, math, or a related area, plus a minimum of
four years’ teaching experience or equivalent, including experience
providing apprenticeship training; or an equivalent combination of
education and experience; OR seven years of experience in a related
industrial or electrical field.
Journeyman Electrical Certification is preferred for electrical
courses. Journeyman card for Mechanical trade or
Industrial/mechanical certifications, such as: rigging, crane
operation, or other mechanical related certifications is preferred
for mechanical/industrial courses. Work experience in Industrial
environment, and teaching and training experience is
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Must be able to operate technical, electronic/electrical equipment
safely and efficiently. Requires sufficient hearing and speaking
ability to communicate effectively with staff and students. Must be
able to read words and numbers. Requires the ability to operate
instructional equipment in labs and classrooms.
Work is performed in a college instrumentation lab and classroom
with moderate exposure to safety and health hazards.
- Provide instruction in electrical theory with hands-on labs to
first- through fourth-year apprentices in LME, MPE and/or LEA, LEB
- Provide instruction in the current National Electrical
- Provide instruction in mechanical theory with hands-on labs to
first- through fourth-year apprentices in Millwright, Machinist,
Welder, Lubrication Technician, Pipefitter.
- Assess and report grades for student’s written and lab
- Develop and configure curriculum in alignment with established
learning outcomes and objectives.
- Maintain classroom and lab equipment and facilities.
- Manage students in the learning environment and deliver
appropriate related safety instructions.
- Adhere to LBCC Mission, Values, Policies, and Administrative
Please complete the online application and upload or attach the
following required documents:
- Academic Transcript
Transcripts from a non-U.S. college or university must be
accompanied by an international credential agency evaluation.
Please see “Academic Transcript Information” on Employment
Opportunities home page for more information and a list of agencies
which perform this service.
Applications are reviewed for minimum qualifications. In order to
be considered, your application must clearly show you meet the
minimum qualifications for this position.
U.S. Veterans will need to attach proof of honorable discharge
(Form DD-214, Copy 4) to their application to qualify for veteran’s
Proposed Start Date:
Full-time or Part-time
Number of hours/week:
Open Until Filled:
Special Notes to Applicants:
Qualified applicants will be added to a pool. Part-time teaching
positions are filled as needed.
As a condition of employment, all new employees are required to be
compensated via direct deposit.
LBCC is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position? Please select one.
- Mid-Valley Sunday Newspaper
- Lebanon Express Newspaper
- Oregonian Newspaper
- Latinos in Higher Education
- HERC-Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- Chronicle of Higher Education Online
- State Employment Department
- LBCC Employment Opportunities Website
- Eugene Register Guard Newspaper
- Other Online Website (specify below)
- Other (specify below)
- * If you selected other above, please specify the website or
other resource from which you learned of the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a current journeyman electrical card?
- Academic Transcript
- Academic Transcript 2
- License or Certificate
- Cover Letter
- U. S. Veteran Proof of Honorable Discharge DD-214, Copy 4