Assistant Director of Campus Activities (11 Month
Assist the Director of Community Life in the management,
development, and direction of a comprehensive student activities
program that reflects the Christian values of California Baptist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist in the planning and implementation of a comprehensive
campus activities program.
2. Responsible for the recruitment for hire, supervision,
management, and training of Program Coordinator.
3. Assist in the overall management of Community Life Lounge
4. Provide overall management of all university student clubs and
5. Assist in establishing and implementing short and long-range
organizational goals, objectives, policies, and operating
6. Recruit, employ, train, supervise, and evaluate Community Life
staff, graduate assistants, and student workers.
7. Monitor and evaluate operational effectiveness and effect
changes required for improvement.
8. Maintain inventories of relevant material and equipment,
identify, and assess inventory requirements, and make
recommendations of appropriate purchases.
9. Assist in the development and management of appropriate
10. Recommend and participate in the development of appropriate
University policies and procedures.
11. Assist in the planning and implementation of student leadership
12. Maintain scheduled office hours, with the requirement of a
flexible schedule of availability at night and on weekends.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities of Program Coordinator as
well as staff, graduate assistants, and part-time student workers
in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance;
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
§ Ability to communicate a growing and dynamic Christian faith,
which is naturally communicated through words and actions.
§ Ability to demonstrate knowledge and practice of student
§ Ability to confront inappropriate behavior.
§ Ability to be empathetic to the needs of a culturally diverse
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
§ A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general
office methods, procedures and practices.
§ Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
§ Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of
§ Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate graduate
assistants, student employees, and/or volunteers.
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to
work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student
§ Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing,
prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
§ Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
§ Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special
§ Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control
procedures and documentation.
§ Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and
§ Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to
two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4