International Admissions Counselor
Oversees enrollment process and offers support services for
international students, as well as managent of related
documentation in relation to the recruitment of prospective
students. Ensures University and student compliance with U.S.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement Student and Exchange Visitor
Information System ( SEVIS ) and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Evaluates international files and assists in the review of
2. Assists and may coordinate special events for prospective, new
3. Works aggressively to achieve enrollment goals.
4. Oversight of the international admissions process including
implimentation of appropriate policies and procedures.
5. Manage support staff, specifically Secretary for Internationnal
Admissions, which includes personnel decisions and reviews that are
in line with enrollment goals and needs.
6. Trains and develops admissions support staff in regard to file
processing and use of CRM and other necessary tools and
7. Meets with prospective students and agents to provide counsel
regarding the admissions process, and to explain the expectations
of CBU and our graduate programs.
8. Acquires and maintains current knowledge of immigration laws as
it relates to the international students.
9. Development and maintainance of internal CRM platform to ensurse
10. Recruits new international students, and travels as determined
throughout the world representing CBU .
11. Plans and implements recruitment schedule.
12. Visits high school campuses, colleges, churches, and community
events as part of the international student recruiting
13. Attends college fairs, career expos, agent fairs, and other
events as assigned.
14. Duties will require evening and weekend work as well as travel
in the USA and to foreign countries. A valid driver’s license, a
good driving record, and reliable transportation is required.
15. A current USA passport is required.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
Ability to work as required by the department, which could
include working evenings, weekends and/or CBU holidays.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
Ability to make administrative, and procedural decisions and
judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general
office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of
Ability to use independent judgment, and to manage and impart
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to
work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student
Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing,
prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special
Knowledge of standard budgeting, and expenditure control
procedures and documentation.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw
Ability to work and communicate in cross cultural environment,
language skills preferred.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to
two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS : Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4