About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative
colleges in the United States by Money Magazine and among the best
regional universities in the north by U.S. News and World Report,
is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic
coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University's
commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends
beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the
application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve
Regina offers associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs,
graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities,
international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than
2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and
around the world.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions Operations, the Admission
Receptionist provides support and serves the needs of the
Enrollment Management Department by performing a variety of
administrative tasks and duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide front desk support with phone and email coverage to our
prospective students and their families and assist them with
frequently asked questions.
- Prepare room, confirm appropriate set up and technology is in
place and put out snacks and coffee.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail daily.
- Serve as a liaison for the admission counselors and provide
assistance with various projects when needed.
- Assist with various tasks and duties related to both
undergraduate and graduate admissions events. This includes using
our admissions CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software in
assisting with the registration process of tours and other on
campus Admissions events.
- Manage room reservations and booking space for Admission
- Assisting with overseeing the student Ambassador staff when
Additional projects and team responsibilities as assigned by the
Director of Admission Operations.
- Strong customer service skills
- High school diploma required
- Must possess strong oral and written communication and
interpersonal skills, with a positive work attitude, and a high
regard for diplomacy, loyalty, confidentiality and
- Excellent computer and word processing skills (including
Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management software) skills a
- Analytical reasoning skills and a strong commitment to
- Must possess the ability to handle stress in a busy office
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of an office
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in
employment and education to all employees, students and applicants.
No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or
harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran
status, genetic information or any other basis protected by
applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve
Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission
policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other
University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it
does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational
programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making
its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant
with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.