JOB OBJECTIVE: Coordinate and oversee
university assemblies and events including SkillUp. Oversee all
student organizations to promote the student experience and
- Professional skills for success
- Clinical skills practice for the Doctor of Chiropractic
program, most notably the manual application of spinal and
- Understanding the role of individual professionals and
practitioners in interdisciplinary, patient-centered, and
- Professional service and leadership.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Direct and plan extracurricular programming to provide student
clinical skill practice opportunities
- Coordinate student assemblies and manage the participation
- Oversee all aspects of student organizations including the
speaker approval process and risk management trainings
- Create special programming to engage new students
- Promote a student-centered environment with a focus on
student leadership and development
- Develop collaborative relationships with students, academic
partners, alumni, and other University department
- Prepare and maintain an activities calendar
- Contribute to the development of strategic goals for
- Facilitate appropriate assessment of student events
- Market events and programs, including website and social media
management and communication to the
- Research and stay current on higher education programs, trends,
- Serve as a resource to student groups and/or populations as a
consultant and advocate for their concerns; work with and
provide on-going guidance to registered student organizations and
their faculty advisors pertaining to college rules
- Maintain updated information on all active student clubs
- Assist with all club functions including fundraising efforts,
on and off campus events, and speaking engagements
- Serve as on-site administrator for all student-sponsored
programs including after-hours events
- Serve on college committees as assigned
- Assist with other Student Affairs responsibilities as
- Performs other duties assigned by the Dean of Student
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/EXPERTISE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Doctor of Chiropractic
- 2-3 years of experience in student activities programming
in higher education, preferred.
- Experience working with Student Organizations or in Student
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Ability to direct
a comprehensive student activities program; ability to design
programing to enhance student clinical skills; good communication,
organizational and public relations skills; professional appearance
and attitude; ability to relate to professional level students;
good reading and writing skills.
- Visual acuity to use a keyboard and view a computer terminal.
Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger
dexterity, including ability to grasp.
- May require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit
other locations; or the ability to stand and walk.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or move light to medium
weight up to twelve (12) pounds and/or exert up to twelve (12)
pounds of force.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.
Parker University is committed to building a diverse and
inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from
underrepresented groups to apply.