Assistant Director, Digital Learning Initiatives
The FSE Learning and Teaching Hub (LTH) is a newly formed unit
with ASU Fulton Schools of Engineering working to facilitate a
culture of teaching and learning in which all Engineering students
thrive in environments that are relevant, engaging, and designed
for student success. The LTH is seeking a motivated, collaborative,
and solution-oriented individual who can thrive in an evolving
environment to fill the role of Assistant Director, Digital
The Assistant Director will report to the Director, oversee the
efficient and impactful implementation of digital learning
initiatives, and contribute to the definition of a long-term,
sustainable strategy. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable
about learning experience design, pedagogical principles, learning
technology and multimedia; adept at project management; and a
proven leader with excellent communication skills.
Instructional Design Tech
Learning & Teaching Hub
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future
$115,000 per year; DOE
- Provides leadership to a dynamic team and works collaboratively
with academic units to ensure development of high quality digital
programs, including curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Oversees the creation of resources central to the successful
offering of digital programs such as needs analyses, storyboards,
tutorials, reference material, design standards, content resources,
templates, and tools for instructional development.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates the learning experience design
team; including planning, directing and reviewing activities and
- In collaboration with key personnel, coordinates and manages
the operations and activities of planning, implementing and and
maintaining online degree programs
- Develops, maintains, and implements department policies and
- Identifies and implements tools and processes to enable
continuous improvement, tracking and reporting of digital course
and program development.
- Coordinates with partner units, including ASU Online, EdPlus,
UTO Learning Technologies, Learning Enterprise and other relevant
units to provide necessary resources in support of digital course
and program development.
- Collaborates with appropriate personnel to make
determinations for strategic planning, requests, and analysis.
- Evaluates departmental programming including assessment to
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of administrative reports;
analyzes and interprets analytics and planning data for predicting
resource needs and developing long range plans.
- Participates in strategic planning to develop long- and
short-range goals, policies and procedures for online learning in
the College; develops objectives and activities based on College
and unit goals.
- Confers with appropriate personnel and participates in
planning, developing and administering department budget.
- Stays abreast of online, instructional and technology
directions, initiatives and trends; recommends effective and
creative uses of technology to enhance program offerings, student
learning experiences, and team systems and culture
- Works with relevant personnel to serve student interests,
implement university policy, and evaluate program effectiveness
with the goal of improving learning experiences and expanding
digital learning capabilities.
- Represents the Fulton Schools of Engineering and serves on
various department, university, state, regional and national
committees or councils.
Master's degree in Educational Technology or a related field AND
five (5) years of experience providing educational technology
development services, two of which include management
responsibilities; OR, Doctorate degree in Educational Technology or
a related field AND three (3) years of experience in providing
educational technology development services; OR, Any equivalent
combination of education and/or experience from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise designing, developing and
coordinating digital learning initiatives.
- Skill in leadership, collaboration, and teambuilding; and
establishing and maintaining effective relationships with faculty,
administrators, service professionals, staff, and external
- Experience effectively supervising, managing, and evaluating
- Experience managing multiple team and individual projects,
planning, analyzing, coordinating and evaluating activities and
- Experience in learning experience design, pedagogical
principles and curriculum development.
- Experience exploring and evaluating new learning
- Knowledge of multimedia design principles and technology.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision-making
skills; and conceptualize, plan, and construct new initiatives from
start to finish.
- Experience in budget or financial management.
- Background or experience in education and/or higher education
- Evidence of effective written and verbal communication
- Experience with resource planning.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled
office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding
and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate
distances to perform work
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change
priorities, which may include or are subject to resolution of
The FSE Learning and Teaching Hub (LTH) is a newly formed unit with
ASU Fulton Schools of Engineering working to facilitate a culture
of teaching and learning in which all Engineering students thrive
in environments that are relevant, engaging, and designed for
student success. The LTH is seeking a motivated, collaborative, and
solution-oriented individual who can thrive in an evolving
environment to fill the role of Assistant Director, Digital
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher
education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence,
entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American
University is a single, unified institution comprising four
differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social,
cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its
research is inspired by real world application blurring the
boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU
serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona,
the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and
cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and
more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and
Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on
campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online
at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You
may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police
Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing
child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and
taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include
verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which
includes a criminal background check, verification of work history,
academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is
contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date
Please include all employment information in month/year format
(e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer
for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience
meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews,
unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of
“equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means
one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one
year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is
equal to four years of experience.