Lombard Theological School
Senior Director of Lifelong
Meadville Lombard Theological School, located in downtown
Chicago, is currently seeking a full-time Senior Director of
Lifelong Learning who will be a key player in the success of our
co-curricular programs and relaunched Doctor of Ministry degree
A graduate theological institution, Meadville Lombard is
academically rigorous, spiritually grounded, unapologetically
progressive, and deeply committed to teaching and learning for
social justice and transformation. The successful candidate must
have competency in functioning in a multiracial, multicultural, and
theologically diverse learning and work environment.
Reporting directly to the Vice President for Academic and
Student Affairs (VP-ASA), the Sr. Director of Lifelong Learning
(Sr. Director) is a full time 12-month exempt position. The Sr.
Director has responsibility for creating, developing, implementing,
and evaluating the School's co-curricular Lifelong Learning
programs. The Sr. Director must be able to think strategically,
creatively, collaboratively, and practically to develop, implement,
and evaluate programs within the Lifelong Learning Institute as
well as the Institute as a whole. Skill and experience facilitating
collaborations across diverse groups of people and projects using
intercultural sensitivity and literacy are critical to success.
The Sr. Director will also be responsible for relaunching and
directing our Doctor of Ministry degree program.
The person filling this position will be expected to be in
Chicago at least once a week, any time students are on campus, and
whenever the Lifelong Learning Institute is hosting an event.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited
Lifelong Learning Institute
- Develop objectives, plans, and a budget.
- Develop a plan to officially launch the Lifelong Learning
Institute in the Fall of 2022; this should include pre-launch
events such as lectures, panels, gatherings, etc. beginning as soon
- Monitor the implementation of programs and the quality of
- Develop, implement, maintain, and evaluate ongoing programs in
collaboration with faculty and staff.
- Promote alliances between the School and local community-based
organizations, seminaries, social service agencies, and business
- Recommend modifications to the 2021 plan for a new D.Min.
program at MLTS based on demographic trends and best
- Working with the Director of Enrollment Mgmt & Student
Affairs, implement the program with a goal of a first entering
class in Fall 2023.
- Advise all D.Min. students.
- Teach one course each year in the D.Min. program.
- Serve as member of D.Min. committees.
- Work with students to create and implement annual
- Some weekend and/or evening work required.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Doctorate in Higher Education or a related field from a fully
accredited academic institution is required. The Sr. Director is
also required to have at least 3 years continuing education
administrative experience and evidence of the ability to manage a
diverse range of programs and personnel. 3 years of ministerial
experience or teaching in a theological school setting is also a
prerequisite. Entrepreneurial experience is highly desired. In
addition, the following would be beneficial as well:
- Grant writing and management experience.
- Experience in multifaith and multicultural settings.
- General understanding of Intercultural Development Inventory
Personal competencies and skills:
- Passionate about and experienced in building and growing
successful life-long learning programs or similar.
- Ability to identify continuing education needs across
multiple denominationsand other audiences.
- Ability to guide ministerial professionals toward their
vocational goals related to leadership.
- Demonstrated success in community engagement.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to work with diverse internal and external
- Comfortable fundraising and networking.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple programs and competing
priorities as well as teams in both traditional and non-traditional
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office (Teams) and
fluency with internet applications and a willingness to learn new
- Ability to function as a team player in a fast-paced culture
along with dependability, a sense of humor, and a good deal of
enthusiasm is important.
Salary range: $75,000-85,000
Meadville Lombard Theological School is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and encourages women, persons of color, and persons with
disabilities to apply. The School is committed to enriching its
educational experience through the diversity of its faculty,
administration and staff. Candidates who meet most, but not all,
position qualifications and who are prepared to fulfill all
position responsibilities are welcome to apply. Please use your
cover letter to explain why you are confident that you will be
successful in this position.
Meadville Lombard Theological School offers a competitive salary
and benefits package including family leave and
spouse/partner/family insurance options.
Interested applicants should submit
- a cover letter detailing why you are interested in this
- a current resume or CV,
- contact information for three professional references,
- a Diversity Statement – may include your interpretation of
diversity, inclusion, gender equity and must include specific
examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences,
background/philosophy has prepared you for this role (maximum 500
By email to:
Cindi Redman, Vice President, Finance and Administration
Meadville Lombard Theological School
The full job posting is available at https://files.meadville.edu/files/resources/sr-dir-ll-job-posting.pdf
Incomplete applications will not be
Applications will be accepted until
August 15, 2021.
We thank all applicants in advance
for their interest, however,
only those candidates selected for
an interview will be contacted.