GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Chief Technology Officer has overall responsibility for
providing vision and leadership in the continual development,
integration and operation of information technology for the
innovative support of the college’s mission and the management of
the college’s resources in an effective and efficient manner. This
position will work closely with all academic and administrative
leaders to insure joint decision making, planning, effective
communication, and assessment of technology services among all
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans for the future requirements of the unit including budget,
short and long range projections.
- Develop short and long-range strategies to address customer
- Implement strategies as they relate to technology applications
along with return on investment analyses.
- Effectively utilize staff resources in meeting the college’s
- Provide support for the development of institution-wide data
- Identifies and evaluates new technological developments and
gauges their appropriateness for ASU-Beebe.
- Works closely with all academic and administrative leaders to
insure joint decision making, planning, and assessment.
- Provides effective communication among all campus users,
faculty, administrators and Information Technology Services
- Interviews, recommends for employment all technology
- Provides direction and monitors professional development for IT
staff as needed.
- Provides direction and guidelines for effective and efficient
utilization of computing resources.
- Assist with distance learning direction, planning and
- Oversees development and enforcement of technology policy and
- Manage IT governance structure and lead technology
- Serves on appropriate college and external committees as
- Oversees maintenance of the technology disaster recovery plan,
business continuity, computer life cycle, infrastructures,
hardware, and software.
Required Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree in
Information Management, Information Technology, Educational
Technology, or closely related field plus 6 years related
experience and/or training and 5 years related management
experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Current competencies with the elements of database management,
distributed information processing and networks, computer hardware
and operating systems and characteristics and technology
applications in higher education. Preference given to candidates
who have prior CIO/CTO experience.