Community College of Philadelphia
The Biology Department at the Community College of Philadelphia
invites applications for a part-time Instructional Laboratory Aide
to begin Fall 2021. The ideal candidate will be able to work both
independently and collaboratively with a team of other technicians
in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Adaptability will be
important. Familiarity with anatomy and physiology and/or
microbiology is a plus.
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission,
associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to
higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in
the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic
academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer,
employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia
by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens,
active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled
to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the
professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political
concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together
students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to
provide the programs and support they need to achieve their
• Responsibilities include preparing solutions/ growth media,
supplies, and equipment for assigned laboratory courses.
• Maintain lab supplies, lab equipment, and lab infrastructure; and
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping
the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission,
vision, and values.
• Actively participate in the academic life of the College.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate
positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work
with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and
individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate
an understanding of, and
sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and
ethnic backgrounds of the College's faculty, staff and
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to
ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in
field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student
success and retention.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student
mentoring, and service to the
profession. Remain current in the use of technology, developments
within the field of discipline, and developments related to
teaching and student success.
• Other duties assigned as needed.
• Qualified candidates must have a minimum of an Associate degree
in Biology or a related Biology curriculum.
• Bachelor of Biology degree preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application. • Cover
letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED. • Name and contact
information for three (3) references REQUIRED. • Employment offers
are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in
accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law. •
Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of
Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal
access employer. The College encourages applications from
individuals from traditionally under-represented groups.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have a minimum of an Associate degree in Biology or a
related Biology curriculum?
- Do you have a Bachelor of Biology degree?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note
the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)