The Assistant Director of Financial Aid is responsible for
supporting the Director of Financial Aid in guiding prospective and
current Manhattan School of Music college-level students through
the financial aid process. This position serves as a first point of
contact regarding institutional aid and Title IV funding for
prospective and current students, as well as for the parents of
these students. The Assistant Director works closely with other
campus offices, especially the Office of Admissions and the Office
of Student Accounts, to create an efficient, accurate, and kind
support system for students. This position requires patience,
attention to detail, and a commitment to student satisfaction. This
position will manage a team of work-study students.
- Serves as a friendly first point of contact for students, both
enrolled and prospective, and their parents.
- Counsels students and parents on financial aid options.
- Maintains student records in the financial aid database,
- Maintains financial aid portal, Net Partner.
- Facilitates communication regarding student accounts between
the Financial Aid Office and the Student Accounts Office.
- Assists Director of Financial Aid with packaging of all new and
continuing students, including federal, state, and institutional
funds (approximately $31 million annually).
- Compiles data for both internal and external constituents
(e.g., surveys, internal reports, ).
- Downloads files from the Department of Education and the
College Board (CSS Profile).
- Assists the Director of Financial Aid with completion and
submission of the
- Responsible for compiling data for, and responding to, the
annual audit of the Financial Aid
- Ensures timely submissions of all Direct Loan
- Works with the I.T. department to coordinate maintenance of the
financial aid software (PowerFaids).
- Uploads Registrar’s Office data into PowerFaids, and ensures
SAP standards are
- Maintains policy and procedure manuals.
- Participates in forming and executing recruiting strategies in
coordination with the Office of Admissions.
- Keeps apprised of financial aid issues and policy changes to
ensure compliance and inform students/parents of ramifications of
- Represents the Office of Financial Aid and Manhattan School of
Music at various school and financial aid events.
- Supervises student participation in the America Reads
- Serves on Committees as
- Performs additional duties as
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree
- Three or more years of experience administering Title IV
funding, familiarity with need analysis, and interpretation of
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Successful track record of providing exceptional customer
service and working as a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with PowerFaids software
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
and Access as reporting tools.
- Experience with mail merges and flat file
- Proven experience using quantitative and analytical skills to
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Professional and ethical work behavior with ability to maintain
the highest level of confidentiality.
Equal employment and equal educational opportunity have been and
will continue to be fundamental principles at Manhattan School of
Music, where employment and enrollment are based upon personal
capabilities and qualifications without discrimination or
harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, the status of being
transgender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship or
veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. Manhattan School of Music does not permit retaliation
against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice or
participate in an investigation.