Participates in a team oriented working environment through all
phases of the recruitment and selection process (travel,
application review, information sessions and interviewing) and
communicates with prospective students, families, counselors, and
alumni in an assigned geographic territory.
The position includes a full share of travel by various modes of
transportation in a variety of locations. The position will have
the following responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Accountable for actively recruiting students electronically and
in person through effective communication consistent with Colgate’s
- Accountable to provide outstanding customer service both on
campus and in assigned travel regions.
- Accountable for building strong and positive relationships with
- Accountable to effectively review applications with objectivity
and be able to demonstrate independent judgment and decision making
in the process.
- Accountable for familiarity with and compliance to NCAA
- Ability to respond to supervisor feedback.
- Accountable for personal growth and advancement of relevant
admissions, analytical, process and general professional skills and
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned. May include work
with Colgate student volunteer programs.
Professional Experience/ Qualifications
- Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of
students, faculty, staff, and visitors on a daily basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a high
comfort level with public speaking before large groups is required,
and an ability to effectively engage audiences through dynamic oral
presentations is essential.
- Demonstrated understanding of the liberal arts and ability to
communicate the value of a liberal arts education to students and
other outside constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information
pertaining to application review and other admission
- Passport eligibility is required.
- Must be able to travel 50% annually.
- Volunteer or employment experience in selective admissions
preferred, as is prior experience working with diverse student
- Fluency in a second language is helpful.
A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin,
marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information,
being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking,
familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from
historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with
disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.