The Department of Management and Marketing in the Mike Cottrell
College of Business at the University of North Georgia (UNG)
invites applicants to apply for a full-time, tenure-track faculty
position in Marketing beginning fall 2022. The successful candidate
will be expected to teach marketing and sales courses on multiple
campuses and in multiple modalities.
- Use innovative teaching and learning techniques to provide high
quality undergraduate marketing courses such as principles,
professional selling, advanced selling, and sales management.
- Produce peer-reviewed theoretical, applied, or pedagogical
research related to the teaching discipline of marketing /
- Engage with the business community to further the goals of the
Mike Cottrell College of Business (ex. connecting students to
potential employers for internships/jobs); and,
- Participate as an active and contributing member to provide
service to the department, College and University.
- The applicant must be willing to train students for sales
competitions, lead Sales Club, and contribute to the growth of the
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of teaching and learning practices; knowledge of
theoretical, pedagogical and applied concepts in the area of
- Ability to integrate best practices from industry; ability to
work as part of a collaborative team; passion for working with
students to develop their skills and expertise
- Innovative pedagogy, qualitative and quantitative research,
writing, and sales training skills, etc.
- A PhD or DBA in marketing with a primary focus on professional
selling, preferably from an AACSB-accredited institution, is
required at the time of hire.
- Professional selling experience and a focus on consultative
sales training & equipping students for success at sales
competitions is desired.
- Experience in leading students to sales competitions.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a record of
excellent teaching and scholarship accomplishments in the area of
marketing/professional selling and significant industry selling
experience. Also, a commitment to business education is
- Certifications and additional training within the area of
professional selling or sales management.