BILINGUAL CERAMICS INSTRUCTOR - CONTINUING EDUCATION
Daley’s Continuing Education Department is seeking a qualified
instructor to teach clay sculpture/ceramics classes to adults and
children. In this position, you will have the opportunity to guide
students in a creative, collaborative, and safe environment.
Instructors must be able to teach this SUMMER 2021, approximately 3
to 6 hours per week, as well as additional time for materials
Qualifications - External
- Teach clay sculpture to groups of adults and children in a
theme-based, project and Spanish language setting.
- Fire the kilns and maintain an organized system for
distributing student projects.
- Implement a hands-on, creative and innovative approach to
teaching and ensure that participants are fully engaged and working
toward specific goals. Foster confidence, self-expression and
- Maintain proper supplies of materials needed for classes.
- Adapt the curriculum and training methods to meet students'
needs and abilities as necessary. Assist with developing new
courses according to department needs.
- Maintain the overall cleanliness and orderliness of the
instructional area and any other areas used.
- Monitor participants throughout entire class.
- Know and review safety guidelines and emergency
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proven experience and proficiency with clay and recycled
materials sculpture, glazing, and other ceramics techniques.
- Demonstrated experience as accomplished artist and teaching
artist, based on public exhibits, portfolio and prior work in
academic settings. Minimum five years teaching and/or training
experience in ceramics techniques preferred.
- Biliteracy in Spanish and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with
diverse groups of students and staff.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!