The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
is the development of professional health care practitioners
through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom,
clinical, and distance education.
To provide administrative support to the Program Director/Assistant
Program Director concerning all aspects of program operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and furnish relevant information about the program for
the website, catalog, accreditation, student and faculty
recruitment and marketing operations; prepare, edit, and proofread
documents, ensuring quality of all outgoing correspondence.
- Coordinate office procedures including correspondence,
appointment scheduling, maintaining program equipment and
- Attend program meetings and any scheduled retreats. Prepare
agendas and record minutes and handouts. Distribute minutes on a
- Support student experience in academic and clinical education
(e.g., prepare materials, setup rooms, provide hospitality for
students when on-campus for residency weeks).
- Maintain faculty files for the Program Director/Assistant
Program Director; process confidential faculty evaluations at the
end of each semester.
- Interact with faculty, staff, students, alumni, visitors, or
outside agencies to relay University information, policies,
procedures, and activities. This includes mail, email, faxes, and
- Prepare, mail-out and compile data from surveys of alumni and
- Prepare various types of media for course related materials for
distribution to students.
- Complete Scantron scoring of course examinations and
evaluations; provide reports to faculty.
- Act as a back-up to university receptionist when needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by university business
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may
deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Academic Assistant Program Director
This position has no direct reports but may manage student
worker schedules and timesheets, if assigned
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
including communicating with tact and discretion.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office
products such as Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of three years of experience as an administrative
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent (bachelor’s
degree or vocational training in office skills preferred).
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule when
- Must have excellent project management skills, the ability
to manage competing priorities, and the ability to build and
maintain strong partner relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive
working relationships with the public, supervisors, students,
professional staff/faculty and co-workers.
Position may be required to travel.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity
when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the
organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national