National Accrediting Agency
for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
The Chief Executive Officer is the administrator of all NAACLS
operations and personnel and is responsible for the Agency’s
financial, physical, and staff resources to accomplish the mission,
vision, and strategic plan set forth by the Agency.
Five years of successful
organizational, operational, and financial management experience at
an administrative level.
Applied knowledge of current
education policy, accreditation, and health care issues
Certification in a medical laboratory
science profession in a discipline currently under NAACLS
CAE certification by the American
Society for Association Executives
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible to the NAACLS Board
The following responsibilities should be carried out according
to the NAACLS’ mission, vision, and strategic plan.
Administer the general operations and programs of NAACLS
within the limits of the bylaws and standard operating policies and
procedures established by the Board of Directors.
- Delegate duties and the appropriate authority to accomplish
general operations and programs.
- Ensure effective communications with the Board of Directors,
review committees, staff, and other entities associated with
- Ensure effective meeting planning and management
- Oversee all NAACLS official publications for quality and
- Develop, recommend, and implement new programs and policies as
- Implement, as feasible, state of the art electronic
communications and management information systems for operations
- Provide consultation and guidance to the Board of Directors,
review committees, other volunteers, and program
Foster positive and mutually beneficial NAACLS relationships
with other related organizations.
- Provide or delegate representation of NAACLS at educators’
meetings, including annual ASCLS and ASCP meetings, and other
events, as appropriate.
- Maintain accreditation by the Council for Higher Education
Ensure the presence of a qualified and highly motivated
staff who possess the skills, knowledge, and abilities to achieve
NAACLS’ mission, vision, and strategic plan.
- Develop and maintain well-defined job descriptions.
- Recruit and hire according to prepared job
- Develop and maintain an orientation/training program for all
staff that will foster competence and motivation.
- Determine staff compensation and assure internal equity of wage
- Provide for optimum utilization of staff.
- Oversee personnel performance appraisal program and conduct
- Create and maintain an environment that fosters staff team
work, creative problem-solving, positive work environment, and
excellent customer service.
Ensure the financial viability of NAACLS.
- Develop the annual budget and provide it to the Treasurer and
Finance Committee for review and amendment as needed.
- Monitor the budget and provide regular financial reports to the
- Ensure NAACLS follows accepted accounting practice
- Identify new sources of revenue as appropriate.
- Identify new customer markets as appropriate.
- Provide for effective marketing efforts.
Ensure NAACLS is in compliance with all laws, regulations,
ethics, and standards for non-profit organizations.
- Inform the Board of Directors and committees of any new
regulatory developments and issues as appropriate.
Perform related tasks as requested by the President of the Board
Applications will be accepted through August 27th, 2021. Review
of applications begins September 3rd, 2021. Interested applicants
should electronically submit a letter describing qualifications and
interest in the position, curriculum vitae, and contact information
for three professional references. NAACLS will treat all
application documents in confidence and seek permission from the
finalist before contacting any references. Nominations or
applications should be submitted via e-mail to: NAACLS CEO Search
Committee, c/o firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full search announcement,
please see the NAACLS News.