Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of
Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and
honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through
transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through
service, integrating faith and life, and institutional
- Explore new audience development channels.
- Seek out new ways to encourage corporate participation and lead
generation for online programs by contacting businesses and
churches with the purpose of disseminating information about the
program to employees.
- Connect with prospective student inquiries through phone calls,
text messaging, emails and other direct forms of communication in a
- Conducts information sessions and one-on-one appointments for
prospective students. Sessions may include evaluating transfer
credit, completing a degree plan, aiding in the application
process, assisting students with course selection and registration
and answering questions about the university.
- Provide and support follow up to students through the
application process to make sure students and completing steps and
needs to be able to problem solve when issues arise.
- Develop and implements grassroots outreach initiatives.
Represents online programs through various outreach efforts
including informational seminars and other appropriate marketing
programs for the purpose of recruiting adult students for online
programs and increasing the awareness of Marian University.
- Coordinates additional student recruitment activities including
- Maintains a good, working relationship with the following
Marian University offices: Online academic programs office, other
Marian admissions offices, financial aid, business office,
registrar and other partners.
- Notifies department leadership of any situations that arise
which may jeopardize or negatively impact the goals and objectives
of the program.
- Keeps current with Marian University policies.
- Updates marketing reports on a weekly basis.
- Attends departmental and interdepartmental meetings,
coordinates projects, and serves on university committees as
- Prepares and submits reports, and performs additional duties as
needed or requested by department leadership.
- This position does not have any supervisory
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university is
- Minimum of five years of experience in recruitment, marketing,
sales or public relations is necessary. Experience working for an
educational institution / non-profit in admissions/marketing would
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills are extremely
important in this position.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts,
and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong time management skills, strong computer skills
(spreadsheet, word processing and database software) and analytical
abilities are needed for this position.
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and an assertive
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and maintain
confidentiality of office and student information.
- Ability to articulate issues and policies, negotiate, foster
consensus, and solve problems.
- Must be able to handle multiple responsibilities and work in an
environment of constant deadlines, frequent interruptions and
pressure. Recall varied and complex information.
- Achieve predetermined enrollment / recruitment / retention
Apply Online Here: https://marian.peopleadmin.com/postings/416
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until
the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a
current resume, contact information for three professional
references, and responses to the supplemental mission
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with
disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.