Responsible for the development and implementation of marketing
strategies and promotions to enhance the image and create awareness
of the University of Houston. Works closely with team operations on
marketing and promotional programs that will drive fan engagement
for assigned sports. They will also coordinate the marketing,
promotion, and sponsorship fulfillment for assigned sports.Job
- Promotes the University of Houston brand in an effort to
increase attendance, generate revenue and maximize the game-day fan
experience, and assists with sponsorship development and
- Develops marketing plans, ticket sales strategies and game
promotions for assigned UH Sports.
- Works with graphic artists to develop promotional
advertisements to target students, alumni, faculty and staff, youth
groups and local communities to promote UH Athletics and assigned
- Coordinates and supervises all in-game, half-time, and special
event promotion to include planning, design, and execution of a
strategies to improve fan engagement and the overall gameday
environment for assigned sports.
- Responsible for the development of Game-Day marketing scripts
and timelines for assigned sports.
- Provides support at external and special events to promote the
- Participates with game day set-up and activation of home
- Acts as a point of contact/facilitator for community outreach
initiatives for assigned sports.
- Coordinates the production and distribution of needed
promotional materials for assigned sports.Supports marketing
department initiatives and game production for UH Sports as
assigned.Serves as spokesperson/ambassador for the Athletics
Department and the University of Houston. At all times and in all
settings represents the Department and University in a way that
positively reflects and grows affinity for all things UH.Assists
with special projects.Performs other job-related duties as
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a
minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related