Administrative Support III - Theatre Department
: Staff - Full-Time
Play a central role in the dynamic Department of Theatrical Arts
for Stage and Screen! Under the direction of the Theatre Department
Chair, the Administrative Support III performs and/or oversees a
variety of administrative, fiscal, planning, and faculty support
activities, some of which require specialized knowledge and skills
such as budget administration, classroom scheduling, inventory
control, record-keeping, and information-gathering. The Admin
Support also trains and oversees lower graded staff and/or
students, including work-studies. The Department embraces UVU's
commitment to “strategically recruit, retain, develop, and advance
underrepresented faculty, staff, and executives/administrators at
all levels of the university to enrich university life.” To this
end, the search committee encourages women, persons of color,
persons with disabilities, and indigenous persons to apply.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree
related to the Summary of Duties or any combination of education
and/or experience totaling four years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of office methods, techniques, practices and
procedures, computer software applications, including word
processing, spreadsheets, email, and databases.
* Knowledge of best practices in events, correspondence, and
appropriate matters of etiquette in various settings.
* Knowledge of University policy and procedures.
* Knowledge of budget spending and reconciling.
* Skill in office methods, techniques, practices and
* Skill in the use of computers and computer software applications,
including word processing, spreadsheets, email, databases, and
* Skill in record management.
* Skills in the preparation and interpretation of reports, charts,
graphs, and tables. Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and
decision making skills.
* Exceptional customer service orientation and phone skills.
* Ability to perform a variety of administrative support duties
with minimum supervision.
* Ability to follow verbal and written procedures and
* Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in
* Ability to meet and interact with people of diverse
* Ability to work independently on a multi-task level, prioritize
and follow projects through to successful competition.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive
* Ability to plan and anticipate potential changes and act
* Ability to enact strategic changes affecting multiple
stakeholders, including high-level university leadership.
Physical ability to perform office work; ability to lift at least
10 lbs. on occasion; ability to sit, stand, walk, talk and listen
$26,178 - $32,723
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Please list a minimum of
three references. References may be contacted at some point during
the screening and selection process for a letter of
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/23177
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s
qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability,
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related
conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.