GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Instructor of Nursing position is a full-time nine (9) month
nursing education faculty member for the day Practical Nursing
program on the ASU-Searcy campus. The selected faculty member
will be able to teach all phases of the day Practical Nursing
Program; supervise clinical practice; supervise extra help clinical
instructors, as needed; teach other health-related classes, such
as CPR, CNA, other short nursing related classes as
directed, and assist with the evening and weekend classes and
activities as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and read over assigned lesson plans to present to
- Present lesson plans to students.
- Administer and grade tests and assignments of students.
- Advise students.
- Order needed supplies to teach required material.
- Work with supervisor regarding materials being presented and
- Clinical supervision of client care by students.
- Make clinical assignments for students based upon students’
knowledge base and abilities.
- Calculate student grades.
- Collaboration with faculty on curriculum updates.
- Attend PN faculty meetings and division meetings.
- Travel to Heber Springs or Beebe for teaching or
- Assist students with all invasive procedures performed on
clients at clinical sites.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.