Director of Digital
Trinity College seeks a talented and strategic Director of
Digital Engagement to lead engagement with and for the college’s
alumni, donor, and parent/family audiences and develop strategies
and tools to help the college enhance fundraising and participation
and nurture its relationships with those audiences broadly.
Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement, the Director will
guide the digital marketing and communications strategy for the
division and will work closely with the division's senior
leadership group and units to guide the use of digital tools,
including email, social media, and the Alumni and Families website
in executing advancement communications and marketing strategy.
Within the division, there are several team members who are
responsible for various elements of marketing, and there may be a
future opportunity to expand the division’s communications and
This is an entirely new position for the college and the
Director will have the opportunity both to envision the program
from the ground up and to build a team to guide and implement that
vision. We see this as a central element of our overall community
engagement efforts and it will build off the success of the
Virtual Long Walk platform that we launched this past year.
About Trinity College
College, we seek to have our staff reflect the changing
demographics of our student body. Our student body is diverse,
representing 48 states and 71 countries with 23% students of color
and 50% women. Just over 90% of students live in campus residences.
Trinity is a highly selective, independent, nonsectarian liberal
arts institution located in Connecticut’s capital, Hartford. With
over 2,100 full-time undergraduate students and 91 graduate
students, the College maintains a rigorous academic profile
complemented by a vibrant and diverse co-curricular program. The
College enjoys the benefit of being situated in an urban center and
has strong academic, social, and philanthropic connections to our
home city of Hartford. As a preeminent liberal arts college in an
urban setting, Trinity College prepares students to be bold,
independent thinkers who lead transformative lives.
- Plans and implements the division’s communications and
marketing strategy with a particular focus on online and digital
- Leads the division’s strategic use of email, web, social media,
and mobile platforms in an integrated approach that supports and
advances the division’s goals and strategic priorities.
- Acts as the “social listener” and online community manager,
monitoring alumni comments, reactions, and sentiments on social
media platforms. Provides recommendations for engagement
opportunities and response strategies.
- Responsible for the content strategy and day-to-day management
of the Alumni and Families website
- Collects and analyzes data (web analytics, campaign results,
etc.) to make recommendations and decisions on content and audience
- Works closely with the Office of Communications to ensure
alignment with the college’s brand standards, messaging, and best
practices, as well as integration with college-wide communications
and marketing strategies.
- Works closely with the Office of Communications to manage the
Alumni and Families website, all social media platforms and email
- Responsible for partnering with the Communications Office and
others in creating and sending executive-level email communication
to alumni, parents/families, and donors, including messages from
the president, vice president, and volunteer leadership groups
- With the VP and unit directors, plan and oversee the calendar
for all e-communications and solicitations to alumni and
- Bachelor’s degree required, and 5 or more years of experience
in communications, marketing, or development. Experience in higher
education is highly desirable.
- Expertise in social media, email marketing, and digital
engagement best practices. Full proficiency with social media
platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and
emerging platforms, as well as demonstrated success in managing
social media communities.
- Must be an excellent writer and editor with a keen eye for
- Experienced collaborator who excels at working with others
toward a common goal
- Proven project management skills and an ability to thrive in a
fast-paced environment while prioritizing and handling multiple
- Demonstrated creativity, entrepreneurial thinking, and ability
to identify innovative engagement opportunities
- Value Trinity’s commitment to inclusiveness; demonstrate
respect and commitment to diversity
- Familiarity with fundraising principles and experience in a
higher education or academic setting
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite or
- Experience with PeopleSoft and/or CRM systems
- Experience with distributed content management systems such as
- Degree from or familiarity with Trinity College highly
- Experience managing staff
is heavily reliant on use of a computer.
Application Materials Requirements
- Cover letter must include a statement about your work or
experience with diverse communities and/or constituents.
- Examples of social media and digital marketing campaigns.
Special note: Candidate should be comfortable with and able to
fulfill the position responsibilities in the current remote working
environment. There may be an opportunity for this position to be
Review of applications will begin July 11, 2021.
The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as
To apply online, visit https://trincoll.peopleadmin.com/postings/2335