Full Stack Developer
University of California Education Abroad
University of California, Santa Barbara
Support of UCEAP's mission through design, development, and
delivery of cutting-edge web experiences for users.
Responsible for full stack development using HTML, CSS,
techniques, to help in the design, development, and delivery of web
experiences for UCEAP, including mobile platforms. Participates in
all phases of web application development life cycle, including
requirements gathering and analysis, system design and development,
testing and implementation.
Principal duties involve web/graphics design; theming,
front-end/back-end development and deployment with Drupal; User
Experience (UX) research and design; User Interface (Ul)
development; creation of end-user documentation and training
materials. Additionally, customization and use of Content
Management Systems, such as Drupal and/or WordPress; designing user
experience for applications after performing user and workflow
analysis, producing user-centered design materials such as site
maps, taxonomies, wireframes and prototypes; conducting usability
testing on prototypes or finished applications to assess the
quality of a user experience; building user interfaces to support
back-end processes; integrating web apps, third party services and
API's with existing systems such as CASHNet, Twilio, Tableau,
Azure, Power BI, and Shibboleth. This will include helping to plan
out code standards, environments and suggesting and communicating
best practices for the entire team.
Completes business analysis and business development to support
the various functional units within UCEAP - Research, Marketing,
Alumni Engagement and Development, Budget & Finance as well as
external stakeholder groups at all UC campuses and within the
Office of the President.
Building and developing stakeholder relationships will be
integral to the position. Serves as point person for UCEAP
personnel partnering organizations in creating and maintaining
processes/procedures for new sites; trains staff to use and
troubleshoot problems with the Content Management Systems.
Collaborates with lT and program staffs to troubleshoot, test, and
oversee the launch of new websites features and functionality.
Manages peer code reviews, quality assurance (QA), and user
acceptance testing (UAT) for all web projects, in coordination with
vendors as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or
Information Technology, Graphic Design or related field, or
equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Five or more years of experience in web design and development,
including 3 years of hands-on experience implementing web sites in
Drupal, and 3+ years of experience in UX Design, with deep
expertise in designing for large, complex websites.
XML/JSON, LAMP environment.
- Working knowledge of CSS precompilers (Sass, Less).
- Experience designing mobile-friendly, responsive websites and
user interfaces that are cross-platform, cross-browser, and/or
- Proficiency with PHP for templating, theme pre-processing
- Experience defining base themes and building sub-themes from
- Experience converting layered design mockups into Drupal
- Experience measuring and optimizing front-end performance.
- Experience in integrating with analytics tools (Tableau/Google
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator for web design
- Commitment to user experience principles and best
- Ability to develop elegantly designed back-end code to support
visually rich websites.
- Experience integrating data from various APIs and XML data
- Experience building sites with Drupal and Drupal technologies
such as Drush, Views, and Rules.
- Advanced Drupal developer experience, including basic Drupal
module development principles.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team and
handle multiple assignments.
- Advanced experience working with a team in a shared
version-controlled environment such as Bitbucket or GitHub.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving skills, strong
work-ethic, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work productively in a collaborative environment,
and to encourage new ideas.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in writing
and in person.
Salary: $74,000-$84,800/yr. Commensurate with
Special Conditions of Employment
- Satisfactory criminal history background
- The UCEAP System-wide Office is located off-campus in Goleta,
CA (near UCSB).
- This is an annually renewable contract position.
- Remote work or telecommuting arrangements will be
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. For primary consideration apply by
7/6/21, thereafter open until filled. Apply online at https://jobs.ucsb.edu Job