Head Cheerleading Coach
Juniata College, an NCAA Division III Institution, invites
applications for a Head Cheerleading Coach.
This position is responsible for the oversight, management, and
organization of the cheerleading team and school mascot(s).
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide a positive experience for our students.
· Organize, schedule, plan, prepare, and implement all practice
· Teach and develop the required skill sets to safely and
appropriately execute stunts, routines, activities.
· Schedule and supervise all appearances, performances,
· Organize, develop, and provide oversight for the school
mascot(s). Including safe practices and procedures.
· Monitor for safety and stay current on all safety guidelines as
outlined by the AACCA, and other recognized organizations.
· Organize, manage, and ensure that all college and department
guidelines are followed for any and all fundraising
· Schedule, manage, and coordinate all team travel.
· Effectively manage all aspects of the programs budget.
· Assist enrollment with recruiting any interested cheerleaders as
· Market the Juniata Cheerleading program to the public through
community outreach and by maintaining the Juniata College
Cheerleading social media and website.
· Coordinate fundraising, philanthropy, and community service
Goals for the Cheerleading Team and School
1. Provide a positive experience for all students wishing to
2. Encourage and promote participation and provide access to
any/all interested students regardless of their prior experience or
3. Promote, provide, and encourage school spirit, interest, and
4. Act as ambassadors for the college, the department, and our
5. Successful candidates will possess a dynamic ability to recruit
qualified students to Juniata College and the Cheerleading
6. The ideal candidate should possess a strong commitment to help
motivate, teach, and prepare student to be excellent
Juniata College is committed to creating a welcoming community
supported by relationships based on collaboration and mutual
respect. We endeavor to create an inclusive learning environment
where members with different perspectives and backgrounds can
learn, contribute, and thrive. Please join us… AA/ EOE
· Experience with cheerleading as a coach or participant.
· Current First Aid, CPR, and AACCA (or similar organization)
· Must have a current and valid driver’s license and be able to
drive for the College.
Receives direct supervision from the Associate Director of
Athletics. Works collaboratively and supportively with other
individuals and groups. Hires, trains, and supervises assistant
coaches, providing specific direction and oversight of assignments
• Ability to demonstrate, assist with, conduct sport specific
drills and fundamentals. • Set up and tear down of sport specific
equipment and apparatus, as necessary.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Review of applications will begin immediately with an expected
start date of August 1, 2021.
Open Until Filled
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Government Employment Agency
- Private Employment Agency
- Employee (please explain in follow up question)
- Relative (please explain in follow up question)
- Advertisement - Source (please explain in follow up
- Other (please explain in follow up question)
- If you were referred by a person, advertisement or other,
please explain here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 References