Northern Arizona University is seeking a qualified individual to
lead the Marketing department’s project management function, in
support of brand building, enrollment, reputation building, and
client services objectives and initiatives. The Manager, Marketing
Project Management will lead project management actions that
advance marketing effectiveness, identify areas for department
growth and improvement, and supervise a team of five project
managers. This new role will develop and implement marketing
project management policies and guidelines—based on best
practices—to ensure that the marketing department’s executions are
consistent, efficient, and generate maximum impact.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Supervises and coaches a 5-member marketing project management
team in planning and managing marketing projects and
- Responsible for task assignment and coordination; ensures staff
are trained to be effective and compliant in their work; conducts
performance reviews;¿monitors employee interactions and promotes a
productive, inclusive work environment; identifies potential
performance and employee relations issues; and applies
institutional HR and talent policies and practices.¿¿
- Assists team in gathering and analyzing project requirements
related to budget and timeline; managing and updating project data
using PM systems; analyzing and communicating project and
portfolio-level status and risks; and identifying and optimizing
processes and tools.
- Applies knowledge of employee regulations, policies, and
- Provides input to employment decisions and has moderate
influence over performance and¿rewards decisions.
- Develops and supports employee development plans and
Functional Management (35%)
- Plays an essential role in leading the implementation of
project management strategies, from day-to-day initiatives to
large-scale, interdepartmental projects.
- Collaborates with marketing colleagues, subject matter experts,
and key stakeholders to provide project leadership, as well as
develop project plans, timelines, risk management plans, and other
key elements for marketing projects.
- Monitors the health of project management team’s project
portfolios, leads portfolio analyses, and drives efficiencies.
- Oversees scheduling and resource tracking for the marketing
project management team to ensure quality and timely services are
- Defines, coordinates, and enforces systems, policies, and
procedures related to functional area.
- Produces reports and communications that interpret information
for key stakeholders, summarizing results, supporting
- Maintains currency in leadership trends and best practices,
applying to all facets of leadership, from team supervision and
culture to business innovation and impact.
- Demonstrates alignment with NAU’s values and commitment to the
marketing department’s guiding principles.
- Applies team- and solution-oriented approaches to
problem-solving; proactively identifies opportunities for tighter
cross-team alignment on priorities, resources, process
- Serves as point of escalation for assigned functional
- Understands and applies knowledge of appropriate handling of
university marketing information and various marketing requests
from all university units.
- Performs other duties necessary for the effective operation of
- Bachelor’s degree in related field,
- 2-4 years of relevant functional experience (combination of
marketing and project management experience), AND
- 1-2 years of management or supervisory experience, OR
- A combination of related education, experience, and
- Master’s degree in related field.
- 6 years of relevant experience (combination of marketing and
project management experience).
- Experience leading a project management team/function (PM team
lead, manager, etc.).
- Coursework or certification (e.g., PMI) specific to project
Please see nau.jobs for
full job descriptions and details on how to apply
online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals
with disabilities are encouraged to apply.