Framingham, MA Category:
Part-Time Faculty Posted On:
Wed Mar 10 2021 Job
***PLEASE NOTE, THERE MAY BE NO CURRENT OPENINGS IN THIS AREA,
BUT APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED HERE WILL BE HELD THROUGH FEBRUARY 1,
2022 AND WILL BE REVIEWED AS OPENINGS OCCUR DURING THE 2021-2022
Specific needs have been identified for instruction of the
- ARTH 270: History of Art I. This is an introductory level Art
History course. The course will meet on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
and Friday for 50 minutes each between 10:30am and 11:20am. If
renewed for Fall 2021, the same course with the same time block
will be assigned.
- Art Education Course. Teach a discipline-specific art education
methods course to introduce the full range of professional
responsibilities, skills and competencies required of teachers of
visual art. The course includes curriculum design, practical and
theoretical pedagogies, and effective techniques of organization to
foster a safe, collaborative art classroom. Diversity, equity, and
inclusion are addressed in coordination with course projects and
the PreK-12 field placement experiences. Course material and
projects are designed to prepare students for the full-time student
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Teach course(s) in Studio Art, Art History, Art Education or
- Develop syllabi and instructional materials.
- Assess student performance.
- Provide assistance and mentorship to students.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Evidence of expertise, scholarly activity or creative work
appropriate to the discipline.
- Additional minimum qualifications for teaching art education
- Public school teaching experience in art at the elementary
and/or secondary level
- PhD or other terminal degree in related field.
- Successful college teaching experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion in the
curriculum and the classroom.
This posting is for potential part-time, non-benefited, visiting
lecturer positions during the 2021-2022 academic year.
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual
offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final
employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans,
persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity
and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.