Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, and the
University of Arizona have founded the Arizona Innovation Alliance
(AIA). The AIA is a partnership among the three Arizona public
universities that seeks to enhance the performance of higher
education in Arizona. The three universities are committed to find
new and better ways of working together to improve the overall
rates of student success (retention, graduation, academic
performance) with particular attention on traditionally
under-served populations; to deploy educational practices and
programs which combine high standards of student outcomes with cost
effective teaching and student support.; and to optimize resource
allocation to assure the delivery of high quality educational
programs and the availability of funding needed to assure
accessibility and affordability. See here for additional
The Arizona Innovation Alliance is supported by the Arizona
Board of Regents and is modeled on the University Innovation
Alliance (UIA). The AIA is sponsored by the presidents of the three
universities. AIA primary staff includes a full-time Assistant
Director. Each university president appoints an Alliance Liaison
and University Fellow to support AIA-affiliated efforts on behalf
of their institutions.
The Arizona Innovation Alliance (AIA) Fellow at NAU is a new
full-time, benefits eligible position supported by ABOR. The Fellow
will provide specific expertise to plan, organize, coordinate,
evaluate and participate in Northern Arizona University’s
collaboration with the AIA. Under administrative direction from the
Assistant Director and affiliated executive leadership, the Fellow
provides strategic project management to advance AIA initiatives at
NAU and interacts with internal and external project stakeholders
to build support.
- Provides strategic assistance to develop, launch, and sustain
AIA-affiliated projects at NAU.
- Works the Assistant Director, AIA affiliated executive
leadership, NAU senior leadership and other leaders across AIA
institution to identify, analyze, and find solutions for student
- Supports the management of cross-departmental and
cross-institutional projects related to AIA’s student success
- Identifies, coordinates, and manages project-specific budgets
and resources in collaboration with relevant administrative
- Researches, compiles, prepares, and compose analyses, data and
documents in support of NAU and AIA initiatives requested by NAU or
other AIA institutions.
- Serves as representative of the University at state, regional
and national organizations, boards, councils, and committees as
- Represent NAU’s AIA liaison at relevant campus meetings.
- Anticipates and assists with preparation of, or prepare
independently, documents, presentations, and reports.
- Maintains relationships with internal staff and faculty across
the university in order to spark and facilitate individual and
collective action toward AIA-affiliated goals.
- Effectively shares and communicates information and resources
internally and externally to increase awareness, understanding, and
support of the AIA mission and affiliated activities.
AIA Central Service:
- Support AIA staff in planning campus site visits, conferences,
and multi-campus events
- Support proposal development and grant-related activities, as
- Bachelor's degree in a related field AND five years
administrative/coordination experience; OR,
- Master's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND
three years administrative/coordination experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from
which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been
- Evidence of experience working in Arizona higher education
- Evidence of commitment and passion to transforming higher
education to increase access to education and improve outcomes for
students within Arizona’s educational system.
- Track record of success in academic and professional
- Master’s degree in any program.
- At least three years of relevant work experience (3-8 years
- Evidence of outstanding written and verbal communication
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data
- Knowledge of Design Thinking, Process Mapping, and other
- Evidence of outstanding organization skills to manage projects
across university units and across/among UIA institutions.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing
Please see nau.jobs for
full job descriptions and details on how to apply
online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals
with disabilities are encouraged to apply.