POSITION TITLE: Training Coordinator
STATUS: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Corporate & Community Services
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
UNION: Professional Staff
REPORTS TO: Manager, Corporate & Community Services
PLACEMENT: Professional Staff Grade 9
MINIMUM PAY RATE: $56,827 annually
This position is responsible for developing, maintaining and
tracking all non-credit professional development and short-term
training programs. This includes the marketing of these programs
including advertising and public relations activities for all
non-credit activities. Research trends to development new
curriculum, serve on advisory committees, and the Workforce Boards
to initiate new training initiatives. Evening and/or weekends
commensurate with demand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop new seminar ideas based on the needs of the workforce in
our district and the interests of the district’s residents.
Interview new instructors for current classes or for possible
classes to be presented in the future. Issue “Letters of Agreement”
with seminar details including payment, dates, times, location,
2. Schedule fall, spring and summer seminars and short-term
training for the community catalog. Provide dates, times, room
numbers, instructors, fees and class descriptions for the catalog
and the college’s data entry system. Enter additions, changes, and
cancellations to the college data base.
3. Design a marketing strategy for each type of seminar and its
appropriate target market. Write promotional copy and work with
graphic designer to design flyers, brochures and newspaper
4. Forecast fiscal year budget line items based upon past
statistics and future projections. Request blanket orders for
seminar supplies. Calculate the department budget after each
quarter of activity.
5. Ensure integrity of the database used to mail out promotional
materials. Construct new database groups and maintain existing
groups by adding, correcting or deleting line items.
6. Start and monitor seminars to assure quality presentations.
Prepare room and technical equipment, observe instructor and forge
relationships with customers. Learn from the attendees what other
program they may require.
7. Purchase class materials and insure their delivery for the start
of the seminar. Approve expenditures for promotional printing,
instructor services and class materials in accordance with college
8. Participate in departmental and collegiate goals and
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Education or related area.
2. Three (3) years related experience.
3. Knowledge of training and development, adult learning, and
4. Strong organizational and project management skills with the
ability to coordinate multi-dimensional activities simultaneously;
strong marketing orientation.
5. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Good platform and instructional skills.
6. Experience with marketing venues including web-based
7. Evening and/or weekends commensurate with demand.
8. Ability to work well with clients and business customers; must
be entrepreneurial, bottom line performance driven, customer
focused, and learner centered; able to “sell” and negotiate to
achieve mutual goals.
9. Access to transportation for local travel required.
10. Strong computers skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and
1. Master’s degree.
2. Contract Training/Sales Experience.
3. Previous work experience in seminar development and
1. Normal office physical demands.
2. Ability to travel between campus locations and to and from
1. Duties are performed indoors in the usual office and/or outdoor
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity,
gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an
AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates
who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.