Advisor Financial Aid/Veteran Affairs (Part-time)
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy,, Plano Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Advisor Financial Aid/Veteran
Advise and assist financial aid and veterans students through the
entire process of applying for benefits/aid all the way through to
receiving their award/benefit payments. Coordinate the state and
federal work study programs and oversee the scholarship programs,
both of which are district-wide responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize the Banner system, including tracking, verification
data input, awarding of financial aid, scholarships, loans and
- Assist in advising students to develop realistic personal
financial budgets as part of the preparation of the financial aid
- Advise financial aid and veteran students on the application
process, including deadlines, degree choices, maintaining
satisfactory academic progress and other eligibility requirements,
understanding federal, state and Collin rules and regulations.
Troubleshoot issues in accordance with federal, state and
institutional rules and regulations.
- Coordinate the state and federal work study programs for the
district. Work with Human Resources, Payroll, and the hiring
supervisors to ensure compliance with all program requirements.
Gather and report information about the work study program to the
- Advise students on their academic progress and status as a
financial aid recipient.
- Supervise the financial aid work study and student assistants
at Spring Creek Campus. Post positions, interview, and hire the
financial aid work study students for the Spring Creek Campus.
Manage training, professional development and disciplinary issues
for the work study and student assistants.
- Conduct financial aid workshops when needed with high school
students, counselors and families of prospective students.
- May move data files and monitor processes to ensure electronic
programs are running correctly.
- May check and answer emails from various sources. Send emails
to students as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance
with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and two
(2) years of experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Knowledge of federal and state financial aid regulations
- Knowledge of Collin student worker policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the college’s academic programs and their
- Knowledge of FERPA regulations
- Organizational skills
- Critical thinking and decision making skills
- Good presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and solve problems
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications such as Word and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and follow the professional
code of ethics for financial aid administrators
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a
negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in
this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping,
standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling,
crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant
environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little
physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $20.82 - 20.82
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or