The Coe College Stewart Memorial Library is seeking a librarian who
is motivated to teach, investigate new tools and collaborate with
faculty, students and other librarians to provide library
instruction particularly connected to digital resources and
projects. This librarian position reports to the Library Director.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Partner in the design and delivery of Library’s instructional
- Work with first year faculty and others on attainment of
college-wide informational literacy goals
- Oversee Library’s digital and technology-based learning
resources including virtual reality space and MakerStudio.
- Support the assessment of library services and
- Work closely with Coe academic program to ensure Library
instructional services are integrated with academic program needs
- Provide back-up and support for reference, media technologies,
collection development and interlibrary loan services as
The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to build upon
the success of the Library's current instruction program, have a
deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and will
manifest a commitment to student success. Education
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Master's Degree required in library/information science from a
program accredited by the American Library Association.
- Academic library experience required.
- Familiarity with current trends, standards, and technologies in
information literacy and library instruction required.
- Understanding of information literacy concepts and trends,
including the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy.
- Teaching and presentation software experience.
- Demonstrated experience with digital initiatives and
- Flexibility to take on new responsibilities in a changing
- Classroom teaching experience desired.
- Working knowledge of major research databases desired.
- Knowledge of technology innovations in libraries, specifically
with regard to makerspaces and virtual reality desired.
- Supervisory and managerial experience desired.
Coe College Competencies:
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Dedication to the educational mission of a private, residential
liberal arts college.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships in a collaborative
and diverse team atmosphere.
- Commitment to excellent customer and/or student service.
- Demonstrated ethical and responsible decision making.
- Consistent attendance and accountability necessary to meet
- Typical office environment and computer/phone use.
Coe College is a selective, private, nationally recognized
four-year coeducational liberal arts institution that has provided
a superior education for students in a residential setting since
1851. With 1,400 students, Coe’s attractive campus is located in
the heart of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, a metropolitan area of 250,000
people, providing a variety of cultural and recreational
opportunities. Coe is committed to fostering a multicultural
environment and encourages applications from individuals who will
help fulfill that goal. We value the input of multiple viewpoints
and diverse perspectives and aim to create an academic community
that is rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Coe
College is an equal opportunity employer.