As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who
represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University
seeks a Helpdesk Specialist in the Department of Information
Technology. The Help Desk Specialist will promote Marian
University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing
technical assistance and support related to computer systems,
hardware, or software. The Help Desk Specialist will respond
to client requests, isolate problems, and determine and implement
solutions. Additionally, this individual will manage software
support applications as well as various helpdesk ticket tasks and
customer support. MAC experience a plus.
***This posting represents two
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of
Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values,
honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity
in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual
traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming requests
and issues related to computer systems, software, and
- Respond to customer service requests either in person or over
- Train end users and other IT employees.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in order to provide
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Help Tier 3 to resolve technical problems with Local Area
Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Build and deploy computers for users and new employees.
- Ability and flexibility required as part of the “on-call" team
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with
emphasis on Windows 10 and all Office versions.
- Experience with Active Directory.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone etiquette.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Previous experience in an IT Service Desk role.
- Incident management experience – managing incidents including
business expectations and communication maintaining SLA
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment yet
also highly motivated with an ability to work independently.
- After hours support as requested.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until
the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a
current resume, responses to the supplemental mission questions,
and contact information for three professional references.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with
disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.