The Clinical Director provides strategic and operational direction
to all operations, technology functions, educational and training
functions and clinical services of Counseling and Psychological
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and
maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which
students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social
activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life
reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that
practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate
expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students
to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently
diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic
and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender
identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural
traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives
to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just
because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our
University stronger. The University community recognizes the
importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these
ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and
inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to
apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow
and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
• Provides operational direction and oversight of operations,
technology functions, and clinical services.
• Provides administrative supervision of clinical staff.
• Provides academic teaching and support for course development;
including conducting research in the field of collegiate mental
health, prevention and other related areas.
• Oversees CAPS database and electronic record-keeping.
• Collects clinical/administrative data and prepares reports for
Center, Academic Department, University, or other needs as
• Recruits and hires skilled and professional staff. Provides
guidance, training, evaluation, and leadership to direct and
• Builds and strengthens relationships with vendors, partners and
university departments to ensure services are provided timely and
• Participates in the oversight of department budget. Develops
budget recommendations and requests. Prepares reports as
• Recommends new or improved guidelines, policies, and/or
procedures and oversees implementation.
• Serves as a resource for legal and ethical issues.
• Provides clinical services counseling/psychotherapy, testing and
evaluation, on-call, supervision and emergency crisis
• Develops, administers and analyzes continuous assessment of
programs. Prepares and evaluates statistical, analytical and
narrative reports to be used for decision making and program
• Assists training and outreach directors in functions within the
• Serves as primary consultant for requests regarding CAPS
• Serves as essential personnel and provides assistance in the
event of an emergency on campus.
• Attends University meetings in the absence of the Senior
• Serves as liaison to various campus departments, including Dean
of Students, Student Care Services, Office of Housing and Residence
Life, Adaptive Services.
• Serves on student of concern committee or Threat Assessment and
• Supports College of Health and Human Services team in programs
and service delivery.
• Assists in all facets of APA doctoral training program.
• Serves as field instructor for counseling and psychology
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Doctorate degree from an accredited institution in Counseling,
Clinical Psychology, or equivalent from an APA accredited
Active/clear license in the state of Florida, in accordance with FS
490, or active/clear license in another state and license eligible
in the state of Florida within appropriate amount of time according
to board process.
Four years of professional, full-time experience at a university
counseling center with demonstrated administrative
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience,
and/or certifications may be considered.
Teaching and research experience.
Program and policy development experience.
Experience providing multiculturally competent therapeutic services
to a diverse clientele.
Experience in leading university counseling center
Research background in college student mental health with
publication or presentation experience.
Experience with university budget process, staff evaluations, and
students of concern teams.
Experience using a personal computer and with database
Experience in academic course development and evaluation.
Experience in developing collaborative efforts with academic
programs in health-related departments.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, statues, regulations,
codes, and standards related to the area of responsibility.
Knowledge of mental health and wellness issues in college student
Knowledge of policies and procedures related to the position.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
Advanced skills in psychotherapy, crisis intervention, supervision
and testing and assessment.
Ability to work collaboratively and build strategic relations with
a diverse group of colleagues, vendors, and other
Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of
integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the
Ability to develop and manage a budget within fiscal
Ability to implement new systems and procedures and to evaluate
Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate programs.
Ability to effectively manage the work of others by providing
information, guidance and motivation.
Ability to develop, interpret, and evaluate policies and
Ability to analyze and solve problems, draw valid conclusions,
and/or develop appropriate alternatives where applicable.
Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of
its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and
$82,000 - $86,000 annually
Review of Applications to begin on July 12,
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.