Administrative Assistant to the Assoc. VP of Academics
Provides support to the Online and Professional Studies ( OPS )
Associate Vice President of Academics ( AVP ) through completing
administrative and business detail by performing the following
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serves as assistant to the Associate Vice President of Academics
(Academics), scheduling meetings, pulling academic and faculty
records, and assisting in various instructor requests.
2. Provides administrative and secretarial support to the AVP,
Assistant Dean’s, and faculty.
3. Screens incoming calls and correspondence, responding
independently when possible; arranges conference and video
4. Manages supervisor’s calendar and independently schedules
5. Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves
and prepares facilities, and takes meeting minutes.
6. Composes and types routine and confidential correspondence,
reports, and other complex documents; prepares outgoing mail,
including e-mail and faxes.
7. Makes copies of correspondence and other printed
8. Creates and maintains databases and spreadsheets; creates,
organizes and maintains file systems, and files correspondence and
9. Makes travel arrangements for faculty and full-time faculty
applicants; prepares itinerary for full-time faculty
10. Distributes, completes, and tracks Human Resources paperwork
for new faculty.
11. Creates and tracks letters of agreement, salary initiation
memos and instructor unit load for all adjuncts.
12. Coordinates staffing of all OPS courses and submits instructor
updates to the Office of the OPS Registrar.
13. Assists the AVP on specific projects related to the long-term
goals of the University, such as strategic planning, fiscal
responsibility, WSCUC, etc.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving
direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
§ Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and
judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
§ A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general
office methods, procedures and practices.
§ Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
§ Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of
§ Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to
work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student
§ Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
§ Ability to maintain confidentiality.
§ Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
§ Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special
§ Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control
procedures and documentation.
§ Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control
§ Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
§ Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and
§ Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
§ Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and
§ Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
§ Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or two to
three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4