Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are
passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the
transformative power of learning.
The Online Enrollment Specialist is an
admissions officer and supports learning by providing data entry
and admissions support for the online student population. This
position maintains the integrity and accuracy of enrollment data
for potential online students and assists with admissions
Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with
prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and
the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group
of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service,
learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora
Upholds the Mission Statement:Aurora University an
inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of
Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes
the confidential nature of university business.
Supports learning through performance of essential job
functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or
Essential Job Functions:
Download applications and inquiries daily
Review application to track scholarships, discounts, and
Process all canceled and deferred applications
Review student progression plans and transfer credit for
Assist with transcript data entry and document scanning
Update applicant files with missing transcript information
Review files for admissions decisions
Assist the Director of Online Enrollment and Dean of AU Online
with additional tasks as required to consistently meet 72-hour
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Strong data entry skills
- Ability to work with a small team in a fast-paced
- Ability to work collaboratively with remote support teams
- Experience with spreadsheet and word processing software,
Microsoft Professional suite preferred.
- Experience with Ellucian’s Colleague and Slate systems
- Ability to spend long periods of time at a computer work
- Ability to move about campus and other locations.
- Ability to interact in person, via electronic media, and on the
- Ability to use general office equipment.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including
health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b)
retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send
resume with cover letter and contact information for three
references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.