The University of Montana invites applications for an Associate
Director for Enrollment Marketing .
The Associate Director
coordinates, manages and executes content creation and marketing
strategy with the goal of moving students through the Admissions
funnel and beyond. As the Associate Director you will ensure the
presentation of a consistent, distinct, and positive image to
prospective students and their families. You will work as a liaison
between Enrollment Management, Admissions, Marketing
Communications, and vendors to deliver exceptional enrollment
marketing materials and experiences.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to
the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are
particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad
spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in
demonstrating its five priorities for action
: Place student
success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation
in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of
“mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly
tell the UM story.
- Supports strategic institutional initiatives and goals through
enrollment marketing and communications.
- Works with the Director of Admissions, Vice President Marketing
Communications and the Associate Vice President for Enrollment
Management to develop, execute, and implement new student marketing
and communication strategies. Collaborates with campus stakeholders
for strategy and execution of integrated enrollment communication
- Works with the Office of Admission to develop and execute
sequenced marketing and communications through the admission
lifecycle. Leads journey mapping exercises for key university
- Creates, oversees, and executes prospective student
communications. Create and contribute to multi-channel
communications plans. Employs innovative and creative approaches
when promoting the university to prospective students and their
- Seeks out innovative opportunities for increasing the
University of Montana’s market share.
- Coordinates web projects that present consistent, timely, and
accurate information to prospective students and families.
- Ensures enrollment marketing is consistent with university’s
- Oversees social media strategies and coaches social media
administrators to support brand awareness, recruitment, and
- Gathers and analyzes marketing metrics to inform future
marketing decisions, strategies, and performance. Uncovers
meaningful, actionable data that helps draw important conclusions
and meet university-wide goals.
- Serves as project manager and liaison between Enrollment
Management and Creative Services. Conceptualizes and provides
graphic design support for enrollment marketing printed collateral
and digital promotions.
- Manage relationships, contracts and projects with multiple
- Position is full-time, 1.0 FTE, MUS Contract and includes a
comprehensive and competitive benefits package including Insurance package,
mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness
- Salary for this position is $65,000-$70,000 per year
commensurate with qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with coursework such as
marketing, communications, English, journalism, project management
and four (4) years of related work experience in marketing,
communications, project management, and/or enrollment management
experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and
- Customer relationship management (CRM) and content management
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Experience with graphic design process and principals and the
- Demonstrated effective problem solving skills
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Commitment to teamwork and demonstrated ability to collaborate
and build and maintain professional relationships
- Effective public relations and interpersonal skills, including
the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Demonstrated service aptitude, which includes knowledge of
customer service practices and the ability to adapt service
delivery to customer expectations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
About UM and
the Marketing and Communications Sector
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
The University of Montana is flagship, research institution with
more than 9,000 undergraduate and graduate students. It is located
in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 75,000,
surrounded by mountains and three rivers converge. Abundant
recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national
forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National
Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere.
UM's Marketing and Communications sector ensures communication
across campus and beyond is open, proactive, clear and responsive.
We aim to help the University and its members communicate
effectively with one another and with our many stakeholders off
The Marketing and Communications sector includes Marketing,
University Relations and UM News, Trademarks and Licensing and the
Broadcast Media Center (public radio and public television). In
addition, this sector ensures the University has a coordinated
marketing and communications approach with Intercollegiate
Athletics and the University of Montana Foundation.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the
State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of
In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position
will be subject to criminal background investigations.
Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for
persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available
in alternative format upon request. As an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications
from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may
request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with
*References not listed on the application
materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the
Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to
administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential
All New Employees must be eligible
and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of
employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: July 28, 2021
Applications received by this date will be guaranteed
consideration. Application review will begin after date above and
continue until the position is filled.
Please submit the following application materials via "New
Resume/CV" button below.
*Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per
application. Please combine documents accordingly.
- Letter of Interest – addressing the stated required
skills for the position
- Detailed resume listing education and describing work
- Three (3) professional references - Names and contact
Montana, United States