University of Idaho
$13.38 per hour
Work under the direction of the UI Children's Center Director as a
Lead teacher responsible for planning, preparing, implementing and
evaluating activities and routines for a developmentally
appropriate program according to NAEYC Accreditation Standards;
maintaining a physical environment to promote growth; observing and
recording developmental levels and progress; developing
partnerships with parents and provide care for physical needs of
clientele; supervising and evaluating assistant classroom staff;
maintaining a safe and sanitary environment; and performing related
This is an essential position that will be called upon in
the event of an emergency and/or University closure
· Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Child
Development-Family Studies, Early Childhood Special Education or
Elementary Education. · Two years of experience working with
children birth to 5 years old in a group care environment.
· Applicants who are selected as final candidates must be able to
pass a State of Idaho Health and Welfare background check.
· Knowledge of NAEYC philosophy and standards.
· Certified in CPR and First Aid procedures.
· Knowledge of Teaching Strategies GOLD.
· On the Idaho Stars Professional Development System.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
· Physical ability to work around small children including
standing, sitting, running, and climbing stairs.
· Lift and carry small children up to 50 pounds.
Open Until Filled:
This position is open until filled, however applications received
by midnight Sunday, July 31st will receive first
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative