University of Idaho
E-Resources and Open Strategies Librarian
General Library (Div)
$50,003 - $54,995 or more DOE
The University of Idaho Library seeks an enthusiastic and
innovative Electronic Resources and Open Strategies Librarian to
oversee licensing and ensure discoverability for electronic
journals, books, and media. Additionally, the successful applicant
will monitor the scholarly publishing environment to identify
opportunities for the Library to contribute to high-impact
initiatives that effect positive change in the scholarly
communications environment. Duties include supervising two FTE
classified staff and coordinating activities with the rest of the
Technical Services team.
• MLS/MLIS from ALA-accredited program or equivalent.
• Knowledge of national and international trends, legislation, and
pending changes in intellectual property rights, commercial and
scholarly publishing, and information technologies that affect
access and preservation of scholarly information.
• Experience in setting up, providing access to, and
troubleshooting issues with electronic resources through database
and web page maintenance, cataloging, proxy server, and OpenURL
• Experience managing electronic resources and serials throughout
• Experience compiling and analyzing usage statistics for
e-resources including knowledge of COUNTER 5 statistics.
• Knowledge of classification standards (MeSH and LCSH), authority
records, and current cataloging rules and standards (e.g., AACR2,
RDA, MARC, DACS).
• Working knowledge of common and emerging metadata standards such
as: MARCXML, Dublin Core, MODS, XML, XSLT.
• Experience responding to emerging trends in technical services
and academic libraries.
• Evidence of strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to
establish rapport with coworkers and vendors.
• Proficiency with new technologies and finding ways to utilize
them to refine existing practices and workflows.
• Experience training staff and preparing effective training
materials and documentation.
• Evidence of scholarly engagement in the field of library or
information sciences, or other evidence of the ability to meet
requirements for promotion and tenure.
• Experience with batch loading & maintenance of vendor catalog
• Experience with ExLibris’s Alma/Primo library system.
• Experience with MARC record batch processing, including the use
of metadata manipulation tools, such as MarcEdit or Alma
• Experience with report creation in Alma Analytics or similar
business intelligence platform.
• Familiarity with:
o WorldShare Collection Manager
o Cataloger’s Desktop
• Experience with the creation, quality control, and quality
assurance of metadata.
• Experience evaluating metadata standards and determining
appropriate standards for projects and collections.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
This position is open until filled, however, applications received
on or before August 1, 2021 will receive first consideration.
In addition to the online application, please submit a detailed
letter of qualification addressing all of the required and
preferred qualifications; a current C.V.; a list of references, and
a diversity statement (uploaded to the Other Document 1
All applicants are asked to submit a 250-500 word diversity
statement addressing how their past and/or future contributions
will protect and promote a library learning environment
characterized by inclusive discourse and action.
The University of Idaho welcomes and respects all people, and
diversity and inclusion are the core of our community and are
embraced as guiding principles (https://www.uidaho.edu/diversity/edu)
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative