Welcome to Furman University's Career Site!
- IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My
Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your
resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching
philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading
before clicking Next.
- If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please
ensure you have all necessary documents available before
- The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type
into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in
Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have
no field, type "None."
- If you have previously applied, make sure your information is
current as you can transfer it to another application.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information
for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate
documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your
application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the
Office of Human Resources via email at
by calling 864-294-2217.
Conference and Event Services
This is a professional position reporting to the Director of
Conference & Event Services. This person is responsible for
sales, event booking and event management at the Younts Conference
Center. Responsibilities include client services, collaboration
with other university departments, and client-level operational
support of in-house technology at the Younts Center. This employee
is responsible for administrative and operational coordination of
events at the Younts Conference Center and weddings at various
- Coordinate with university and off-campus clients to determine
event space, technical, and logistical needs.
- Prepare setup plans for events; communicate plans and revisions
to clients and production staff.
- Coordinate with university departments and vendors to secure
resources and staff support for events.
- Act as "manager on duty" for Younts Center and other campus
- Promptly address client concerns during events, utilizing
departmental, university and vendor resources as appropriate.
- Provide on call support for summer clients during their time on
- Communicate and enforce safety and facility policies.
- Conduct ongoing review of facility operations to ensure
compliance with safety procedures.. Administration
- Maintain current information on university facilities and
vendors for dissemination to potential clients.
- Schedule events at the Younts Center and campus wedding
- Enter and update client information and event bookings in EBMS
and R25.; resolve booking conflict& with other departmental and
- Generate contracts, cost estimates & invoices for
- Receive and process contracts and certificates of
- Receive payments & forward appropriately for
- Provide event & incident reports to the Director and, as
appropriate, other university departments & external
- Serve as a consultant for university departments &
organizations planning events not held in spaces administered by
- Develop professional, cooperative relationships with faculty,
staff, student & community constituencies. T.
- Monitor equipment conditions and behavior; troubleshoot
equipment and, when necessary, refer to appropriate
departments/vendors for resolution.
- Communicate openly & effectively with and recognize the
contributions of supervisors & co-workers.
- Complete performance review process.
- Pursue professional development to enhance work
The Event Coordinator maintains a generally cooperative attitude
and continuous contact with the Director, others in Conference
& Event Services, members of other departments, and
professional & student staff for planning, coordinating,
problem solving, presenting information and suggestions relating to
This person frequently contacts students and the general public to
exchange factual information and explain rules, regulations,
practices and functions.
Decision-Making & Accountability
This person reviews ongoing and completed work to ensure compliance
with procedures and deadlines.
Job tasks involve multiple procedures with interrelated processes
or steps. This person's work involves choosing the appropriate
option(s) or procedure(s) to follow and applying established rules
The Event Coordinator reports to the Director of Conference &
This person performs work independently in routine matters and
refers non-routine issues or questions to the Director.
Bachelor's degree with 1-3 years' experience in related field
Sales and event experience, preferably in the hospitality industry,
The successful candidate will demonstrate professional experience
and superior skills in communication, organization, and
administration, along with commitment to excellent client service.
Computer proficiency (Windows and Microsoft Office suite) is
The successful candidate will demonstrate comfort working in a
fast-paced, team environment. The successful candidate will
demonstrate the ability to take initiative and work
This position requires:
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open
To apply, visit https://furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Furman_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Events-Coordinator_R001226
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing
the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to
create a community of people representing a multiplicity of
identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief,
sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background,
ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of
employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.
- Multitasking and prioritization of multiple ongoing
- Configuration, use and troubleshooting of computer,
audio-visual and related technology;
- Frequent use of office computer, telecommunication and document
- Frequent standing and walking in indoor and outdoor event,
athletic and housing venues;
- Occasional reaching and handling of tools & objects;
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling;
occasional pushing and pulling, lifting and carrying, climbing and
- Frequent exposure to extremes of temperature & weather
during outdoor events and summer programs;
- Evening and weekend work.