Assistant Director - Fraternity and Sorority
Center for Student Involvement
Work to enhance the overall educational experience of students by
fostering learning and leadership opportunities, providing a
teamwork approach in support of the student life and assisting with
the coordination and the advisement of Student Affairs programs.
Along with the other staff members, there will be principal areas
of responsibility for each position described in the following
Senior Assistant Director
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Oversee all aspects of advising, recruitment, new member
education, risk management, and education programs for all Greek
organizations and social fellowships (currently 20).
- Provide supervision for the Graduate Assistant for Fraternity
and Sorority Life.
- Directly advise the four Greek Life Governing Councils
(Panhellenic, IFC, MGFC, IGC).
- Manage the facilities and allocation of space in the Greek Life
and Fellowship Center.
- Serve as liaison to national offices, chapter advisors, faculty
advisors, and other stakeholders.
- Serve as primary responder to emergency and risk management
issues related to fraternity and sorority life.
- Plan large-scale programming for Fraternity & Sorority Life
(Greek President's Retreat, Greek Training, Greek 101 Workshops,
Greek Awards Gala, etc.).
- Plan and facilitate Greek Alternative Spring Break, Alternative
Weekend trips and other civic engagement experiences.
- Compile and assess data related to functional area (grade
reports, roster management, retention statistics, learning outcomes
- Meet regularly with fraternity and sorority chapter and council
leaders to provide advisement and guidance.
- Track budgets for fraternity and sorority organizations.
- Implement and track the chapter accreditation program to
promote chapter excellence.
- Review and approve all Greek organization events and
- Manage Greek office technology (including MyAULife,
departmental website, web media, social networking, SAAS, and
student organization emails).
- Manage Greek life marketing materials, social media, weekly
constant contact, etc.
- Provide oversight to the campus food pantry, including
recruitment and training of volunteers.
- Provide support to the Multicultural Center including
facilitating diversity trainings and facilitating programs related
to diversity and social justice.
- Assist in office and division-wide programs such as Welcome
Weekend and Spirit Weekend.
- Assist in professional coverage of evening and weekend
- Assist in the development and implementation of all student
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive marketing and
promotion strategy for the department.
- Assist in department and division assessment efforts and
- Assist in the hiring process and training of student
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with a diverse student body.
- Exemplary organizational skills with a strong emphasis on
- Strong leadership and program planning skills.
- Experience working in a team setting to achieve departmental
goals and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills using Google Docs, Microsoft Word,
Excel, Design Software, Social Media and E-mail.
- Ability to promote high ethical standards and manage multiple
- Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- Evening and weekend work required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree in Higher Education strongly preferred.
- Two years job-related experience in a University setting is
- Previous experience working with fraternity and sorority life
- Greek affiliation is preferred.
- Graduate Assistant for Fraternity and Sorority Life.
- Student Workers.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally
ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated
to transforming students' lives through small classes with
world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to
support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional
liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with
particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and
Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health
and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World
Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational
university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main
campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson
Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more
than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and
doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the
liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful
partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000
graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from
43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top
publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that
plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2561