Assistant Director - Evening and Weekend and Commuter
Center for Student Involvement
Work to enhance the overall educational experience of students by
fostering learning and leadership opportunities, providing a
teamwork approach in support of the activities program and
assisting with the coordination and the advisement of Student
Affairs programs. Along with the other staff members, there will be
principal areas of responsibility for each position described in
the following section.
Senior Assistant Director
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Developing a comprehensive calendar of late night and weekend
- Work in coordination with campus departments in the planning of
late night and weekend programs for residential and commuter
- Track and assess programmatic efforts for the Division of
- Develop and train organizations on marketing plans for weekend
- Assist in professional coverage for late night and weekend
- Coordinate off-campus excursions both day and overnight.
- Provide support to the Multicultural Center including
facilitating diversity trainings and facilitating programs related
to diversity and social justice.
- Oversee Commuter Student Services and serve as the primary
- Provide supervision and programming for the Commuter Assistant
Program and 20 Commuter Assistants.
- Serve as the advisor to the Commuter Student Organization and
collaborate with them to create programs geared toward the commuter
- Track budget for Commuter Student Services.
- Collaborate with University Athletics to provide programs that
generate spirit, pride and support for Adelphi's sporting
- Develop and implement strategies to support sophomore student
- Develop senior year experience programming and traditional
- Assist in leadership programs and training for student
- Execute any new and special programs for the Center for Student
- Assist in the development and implementation of all student
- Support the development of office-wide initiatives including
Spirit Weekend and Welcome Weekend.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive marketing and
promotion strategy for the department.
- Assist in department and division assessment efforts.
- Assist in the hiring process and training of personnel.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exemplary organizational skills with a strong emphasis on
- Strong leadership and program planning skills.
- Experience working in a team setting to achieve departmental
goals and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills using Google Docs, Microsoft Word,
Excel, Design Software, Social Media and E-mail.
- Ability to promote high ethical standards and manage multiple
- Ability to interact with a diverse student body.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- Evening and Weekend work required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree in Higher Education preferred.
- One to two years job related experience in a University setting
- Panther Street Team (Student Workers).
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally
ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated
to transforming students' lives through small classes with
world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to
support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional
liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with
particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and
Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health
and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World
Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational
university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main
campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson
Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more
than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and
doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the
liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful
partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000
graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from
43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top
publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that
plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2562