Founded in 1917, Providence College (PC) is a premier Catholic
liberal arts institution steadfastly committed to academic
excellence through a dynamic core curriculum, a distinctive
Development of Western Civilization Program, and abundant
experiential learning opportunities. The only U.S. higher education
institution administered by the Dominican Friars, PC is committed
to providing a variety of opportunities for intellectual, social,
moral, and spiritual growth in a supportive environment. Providence
College believes that cultural and intellectual pluralism is
essential to the excellence of its academic programs, and strives
to foster an academic culture and campus community reflecting the
global environment in which we live and work.
The approximately 105-acre campus is situated in Rhode Island’s
capital city and is close to the many cultural and educational
offerings of Rhode Island’s “renaissance city.” Additionally,
Providence is located an hour from Boston and just a few hours from
New York City.
For years, Providence College has been recognized in the U.S.
News & World Report
“Regional Universities – North
Category” and has been commended by several other ranking
Senior Web Developer & Accessibility Coordinator
Develop custom web pages, themes, web parts, applications, secure
forms, and mobile web applications for integration into the
College’s external websites, campus portal, and mobile presence, as
well as ensuring accessibility and compliance of our external and
internal web presence.
1. Develop, install, maintain and qualify web pages, widgets,
themes, web parts, and applications for external websites. Support
Admissions and Marketing/Communications teams by creating
accessible, functional, mobile-responsive, and aesthetically
pleasing web designs. Craft and support campus-wide integration of
the latest in technology components for all web presences, working
with every department on campus. Assist Director of Web Services
with creating and implementing training workshops and materials for
2. Act as the Web Accessibility Coordinator for the College, taking
the lead role for web accessibility for Providence College. Provide
timely response and resolution of web accessibility complaints,
maintain accessibility resources including training and testing
tools to assist members of the community in complying with policy
when creating, revising, or managing web content. Provide guidance
to the Digital Accessibility Initiative Team ( DAIT ) in regards to
3. Develop, install, maintain, and qualify Office 365/Sharepoint
web sites, features, web parts and applications for the campus
4. Provide administration/customer support for the providence.edu
web environments and web editors. Maintain shared 24/7 availability
with the other members of the Web Services team. Monitor cell phone
and work email address. Be available to provide after-hours support
for code/page troubleshooting in case of emergency outage of the
external web sites.
5. Develop platforms for Eventbrite events, mobile applications,
digital signage, custom academic applications, and 25 Live web
1. Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree in computer programming or web development from
an accredited institution.
• Five to seven years web development and design experience or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical, organizational and trouble-shooting
• Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment within all
levels of the College.
• Ability to prioritize projects.
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge quickly.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Share Point and Office 365.
• Knowledge of Wordpress.
• Ability to explain complicated technical ideas to a lay
• Knowledge of Mobile application development.
and CSS .
• Familiarity with Windows and Apple operating systems.
• Familiarity with Cloud based hosting environments and web server
software such as Apache, Amazon Web Services ( AWS ) and
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles of design, including color,
form and typography and the ability to apply them to the web.
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices of responsive design and
ability to create beautiful and responsive user interfaces on a
variety of devices.
• Demonstrated knowledge of web accessibility standards.
• Knowledge and experience with git or other version control
• Knowledge, comfort, and experience integrating web apps with
consumable web APIS .
• Demonstrated experience building modern, accessible responsive
• Demonstrated knowledge of Web Accessibility standards.
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because
of race, color, national and ethnic
origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide
occupational qualification, sexual orientation,
gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or
genetic information. The College will develop,
and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and
will insist on a good-faith effort on the
part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will
request and expect its agents and
those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of
this important program.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation