Under general supervision, performs necessary duties to maintain
campus grounds in a clean, neat and attractive manner. Performs
necessary preparations for various scheduled events including
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs necessary duties to maintain campus grounds such as,
but not limited to, mowing grass, blowing down walks, pruning
shrubs and trees, trimming, de-weeding and edging sidewalks, flower
beds, walls and curbs, as well as clean up and removal of leaves,
dirt, debris and trash.
2. Plants grass, trees, flowers, shrubs and plants, as well as
sprays, broadcasts, or injects lawns, trees, flowers, shrubs and
plants with fertilizers, insecticides or fungicides.
3. Clears snow and ice from, but not limited to, walks, driveways,
and College roads either manually or using motorized
4. Operates various motorized grounds equipment with or without
5. Assists in preparing athletic fields for intercollegiate events,
intramural contests, and other sports related activities.
6. Irrigates athletic fields, lawns, flower and shrub beds as
necessary by either fixed or portable irrigation equipment.
7. Cleans out drainage ditches, culverts, and storm water
8. Assists in loading and unloading of supplies and equipment and
9. Performs necessary repairs and routine and planned maintenance
on grounds equipment.
10. Assists in the removal of trees, flowers, shrubs and plants as
11. Responsible for recording and notifying supervisor of need for
any/all maintenance and repairs to equipment, vehicles or tools, as
well as to walkways, roads, athletic fields and grounds.
12. Responsible for recording and notifying supervisor of need for
elimination of safety hazards.
1. Two years of experience, within the last 5 years, in
horticulture, landscaping, grounds care, related field or qualified
2. Basic knowledge of fertilizers and weed control.
3. High school graduate or GED, as well as the ability to read,
write and perform basic math.
It is the policy of Juniata College to conduct background
4. Ability to operate all College owned vehicles, grounds equipment
and fork lift.
5. Ability to push, pull and lift 50lbs regularly.
6. Valid PA driver’s license.
1. Oral and/or written instructions received from designated
2. Employees in this classification have no supervisory
Ability to lift equipment and plant material, as required.
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is for Monday – Friday 7am – 3pm
Open Until Filled
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Government Employment Agency
- Private Employment Agency
- Employee (please explain in follow up question)
- Relative (please explain in follow up question)
- Advertisement - Source (please explain in follow up
- Other (please explain in follow up question)
- If you were referred by a person, advertisement or other,
please explain here:
(Open Ended Question)
- List of 3 References
- Cover Letter