Work Site Location:
Coeur d' Alene Campus
Approximately 19.5 hours per week. Hours vary
between 10:30 am - 4:00 pm M-F, August - May.
The purpose of this position is to
maintain and operate a developmentally appropriate classroom in
accordance with the policies and philosophies of the NIC Children's
Center. Classroom assignments vary by age group and may include
infant, toddler or preschool ages.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Provides classroom teachers with breaks and planning time.
- Engages children in appropriate play, both inside and
- Facilitates positive meal times by participating in family
- Contributes to daily classroom clean-up.
- Attends all required staff meetings and trainings.
- Promotes awareness and acceptance of individual differences
among children, families, and staff members in the program.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work
relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the
Education and Experience
: High school diploma or GED and six months of experience
Required License and/or Certifications
Must have or obtain an Individual Child Care License from the City
of Coeur d’Alene prior to beginning work. A temporary permit can be
accepted to begin work while licensing is in progress.
To obtain the license, the license applicant must:
• Submit evidence of current infant/child CPR training, and
infant/child first aid training valid through current licensing
• Complete the criminal history background check within three (3)
days of hire, and complete training within ninety (90) days of
• Submit evidence of a negative tuberculosis (TB) test.
• Must complete the Idaho Child Care Program training requirements
within sixty (60) days of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to read, write and speak in English.
• Proficient use of personal computers and peripheral devices
includes printers and scanners.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to create solutions for problems/situations dealing with
• Ability to prioritize, sequence and research work
• Ability to effectively present to small groups.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of
All application materials, including resume and cover letter,
must be uploaded and the application completed prior to the close
Advertised: June 25, 2021 Pacific Daylight