The Studio & Learning Environments Audiovisual
Technician (Studio Tech) guides the design, upgrade path,
maintenance, and operational effectiveness of the studio learning
environments for ABAC and OIT. Knowledge within this position
includes mastery of both media production and audio and video
workflow technologies. The Studio Tech supports the interactions
between design best practices, college requirements, and technical
support issues. This position is responsible for staying abreast of
emerging technologies and how those technologies can be applied
with regard to maintaining and improving our studio and learning
This position maintains communication between multiple college
and some external groups involved in the task of producing content
and live events in OIT supported venues at ABAC. The Studio Tech is
responsible for ensuring all studio and control room systems are
properly configured and supported for all recorded and live events
in OIT supported venues and includes coordination with any external
entities needing connectivity into or throughout any OIT supported
Coordinate operation, preventive maintenance, and refreshes of
Studio environment (20%)
· Research and implement innovative broadcast and live
· Work with instructors to promote the use of the studio.
· Staging and functional checks of equipment pre and post
· Command studio technology when in use
Produces a variety of original and branded content (20%)
· Coordinate the capture and broadcast of ABAC Sports, Stallion
TV, and other programs.
· Ingests cards, logs, and organizes footage, and creates
archives, and maintains footage backups.
· Oversees edits and live switching of broadcast content.
Schedule a variety of content to be delivered via ABAC channels.
· Review and catalog archives.
· Develop ABAC TV station program line up.
· Produce new original content.
Provide tier 2/3 support for campus instructional technology.
· Monitor service tickets to engage, diagnose and resolve issues
in a timely manner.
· Documents common issues
· Coaches tier 1 support techs
Oversee inventory and operational maintenance of all campus AV
· Coordinate the student/staff checkout of AV equipment.
· Maintains accurate inventory of all production equipment.
· Conducts need assessments to identify gaps in equipment
Train and mentor student assistants in technical skills needed
for content creation and idea dissemination. (10%)
· Provides weekly studio training for student assistants.
· Makes themselves available for questions from students.
Assist in the production of a variety of original and branded
media content for fundraising, recruitment, and internal
· Maintain consecutive ongoing projects.
· Actively communicates with the team and other stakeholders to
coordinate timely delivery of projects.
All other duties as assigned. (+%)
Exceptional technical aptitude and ability to adapt quickly to
changes in technology.
Working knowledge and experience with the following concepts and
technologies: broadcast video and audio routers, Dante audio,
digital video and audio distribution and switching, SMPTE
fiber-connected video cameras, signal distribution over fiber optic
cable, broadcast camera maintenance, Unity intercom systems, NDI
workflow, advanced IP networking skills, multi-venue/centralized
broadcast suite, broadcast graphics and replay systems.
Experience live streaming and/or recording of events such as
lectures, athletics, awards presentations, and fine art events.
Experience creating instructional video, audio, infographics,
data visualizations, and interactive multimedia.
Experience integrating multimedia with learning management
Experience designing accessible online media and multimedia for
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving,
independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and
written), time management, project management and presentation