Financial Services Operational Support Specialist
Finance / Business Support
The Financial Services Operational Support Specialist provides
essential support and assistance across all areas of the Office of
Financial Services (Bursar Services, Disbursement Services, Payroll
and Student Employment Services). This position provides general
administrative support to the Financial Services Office and works
closely with the Finance Operational Support Specialist to provide
support to the Finance Office such as processing correspondence and
documents, scheduling appointments, and serving as the Finance
Office's voice/email/mail coordinator.
This role requires excellent interpersonal skills and tact and the
ability to respond quickly and effectively to changing situations,
deadlines, and priorities with strict confidentiality. Reporting to
the Senior Associate Controller, the Financial Services Operational
Support Specialist will also work closely with the various
Financial Services directors/managers, as well with other Financial
Services Office staff. This is a full-time, non-exempt, benefits
Job duties include but may not be limited
- Provide general support for the Financial Services
- Assist in verifying fellowship payment requests are part of an
approved fellowship program
- Maintain Finance Office summer housing records for student
workers and fellowship recipients.
- Assist in scanning and filing of all related source materials and
documents and in maintaining the document retention archives
- Assist with the processing of outstanding checks.
- Provide general administrative duties such as, word processing,
proofreading, filing, answering the telephone, duplicating,
scheduling meetings, assisting with preparing meeting materials,
and processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Serve as the Finance Office voice mail/email account coordinator
and office supply inventory coordinator and the Finance Office
calendar of tasks.
- Assist in distributing annual tax information forms such as W-2s,
1099s and 1098-Ts.
- Provide general support to various Finance systems or
- Day-to-day maintenance of the Bucknell Loan Program including new
loan set up, payroll deduction and ACH payments, performing system
updates and processing the monthly reports needed to reconcile the
- In coordination with the Senior Associate Controller, maintain,
update, and process transactions/information in the University's
International Tax Software.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the University's document
imaging software. Assist in training and use of the system by other
Finance Office staff.
- Provide general support for Bursar Services, including
processing transactions for the A/R Billing system, processing
departmental deposits, balancing cashier sessions and petty cash,
and preparing bank deposits.
- Provide general support for the Department of Disbursement
- Process supplier invoices, check requests, cash advances, and
expense reimbursement for payment by established deadlines. Review
purchase orders related to payments. Assist in printing and
disbursement of accounts payable checks.
- Assist in monitoring timely receipt of Procurement credit card
verifications and reviewing contents for accuracy and compliance to
- Assist in monitoring timely receipt of Travel credit card
verifications via employee expense reports and reviewing contents
for accuracy and compliance with university travel policies.
- Assist in creating and maintenance of all Accounts Payable
- Assist in training and use of the university's ERP system for
supplier/supplier invoice requests, credit card transaction
- Provide periodic general support for the Payroll Office,
including providing assistance to employees when updating contact
information and tax forms and assisting employees with entering and
editing time records as appropriate.
- Provide general support for the Student Employment Office,
including assisting in maintaining job postings, assisting with
employment verifications; and assisting in obtaining student
employment background checks.
- Support and contribute to the University's commitment to
diversity and inclusion.
- Associates degree or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years of
experience in a complex office setting. Or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with microcomputer software packages, especially:
Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with data entry. Demonstrated ability to handle
large volumes of numerical data quickly and accurately
- Strong understanding of general accounting office practices and
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate
effectively with a broad range of constituents in both written and
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with
- Appreciation for and understanding of a mission-oriented
University including a focus on exemplary customer service and the
ability to work within a collaborative environment with
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
- Notary license
- Experience in a non-profit or higher education
- Experience using complex integrated ERP systems (Workday,
Blackbaud, Banner, etc)
- Ability to lift 10 lbs.
- Repetitive finger movement
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496754/financial-services-operational-support-specialist