Accounts Payable Specialist
Finance / Business Support
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the day to day
operations of the Accounts Payable function. This person works
under the direct supervision of the Director of Disbursement
Services and closely with the Senior Associate Controller and other
Finance staff. The successful candidate will have the opportunity
to become familiar with all areas of the Finance Office while also
appreciating their interdependence. This is a full-time,
non-exempt, benefits eligible position.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the daily operations of the Accounts Payable
function, including, but not limited to:
- Preparing invoices and disbursement requests for payment by
- Reviewing purchase orders with payments.
- Printing and disbursement of Accounts Payable checks, direct
deposits, credit cards, wires and international payments.
- Updating accounts payable check ledger.
- Reviewing and monitoring the travel and expense
report/reimbursement process and approving expense reports.
- Creating and maintenance of all Supplier records and Accounts
- Entering invoices and check/ACH/wire requests into the Accounts
Payable computer system.
- Utilizing the procurement credit card for payment of invoices and
supplier invoice requests when appropriate.
- Act as a resource to University departments and outside
vendors, while providing prompt, courteous and accurate
- Provide recommendations and develop proposals for process
- Oversee the month end closing process including account
reconciliations and fiscal year procedures.
- Develop, gather, organize and disseminate a variety of
information and reports.
- Oversee the vehicle title registration and renewal
- Assist with travel and project card processes including
reconciliations, document review and other related
- Support and contribute to the University's commitment to
diversity and inclusion.
- Associate's Degree in accounting or related field
- Three years of experience in electronic accounts payable
- Experience and knowledge of general ledger account
reconciliations including month end closing processes
- Familiarity with accounting, income taxation issues, 1099
preparation and filing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word and
ability to develop reports.
- Ability to accurately enter large volumes of alpha/numeric data
into a computerized system.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as this position
requires regular communication with internal and external
- Good organizational skills; ability to multi-task and learn new
- Ability to handle confidential data and work in a team
Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496753/accounts-payable-specialist