Summary of Duties:
The Faculty Clerkship Assessment Director will oversee
the assessment plan for Years 3 and 4 of the medical student
curriculum. This position will focus on the selection of
appropriate assessment methods and instruments for use in the
curriculum, they will develop the assessment schedule to ensure
that assessment moments are appropriate for skills development,
ensure consistency of grading decisions, and support the faculty
development needs of our faculty. They will work alongside the
Curriculum Clerkship Director to co-lead the development and
delivery of the MD education program. The position will allow for
flexibility to accommodate the incumbent's clinical and/or research
Essential Functions | 95%
Non-Essential Functions | 5%
- Provide strategic oversight and direction for the assessment of
learning in the Clerkship Curriculum.
- Collaborate with and take direction from the Associate Dean for
Accreditation, Assessment and Evaluation.
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean for Curriculum, the
Curriculum Management Unit, Clinical Education Directors, Associate
Deans for Clinical Education, and faculty in clerkship curriculum
development and delivery aligned with curriculum, including but not
limited to clinical learning experiences and academic
- Align clerkship assessment with the guiding principles of the
MD program as defined by the Undergraduate Medical Education
- In collaboration with the Clerkship Curriculum Director, plan
and monitor implementation of clerkship-based learning experiences
at each of the four clinical campuses across the state of
- Collaborate with the Associate Deans for Clinical Education and
Clinical Education Directors to assure assessment of clerkship
courses occur in a comparable manner at each of the clinical
- Orient students, key staff, and key faculty to the assessment
approaches for clerkship learning experiences annually and on an as
- Direct the preparation of course/clerkship assessment
instruments and assessment schedules and trainings for students and
- Under the guidance of the Associate Dean for Accreditation,
Assessment and Evaluation, support implementation of student
- Prepare the documentation, dashboards and training materials
for the clinical competence panel to support the work of reviewing
and assigning grades.
- In collaboration with the Clerkship Curriculum Director, assist
students with questions and academic development.
- Identify faculty development needs to deliver clerkship
assessment and assist with implementing such faculty development in
collaboration with ADCEs, CEDs, under the direction of the
Associate Dean for Faculty Development.
- Carry out continuous quality improvement of clerkship
assessment according to plans developed in collaboration with the
Associate Deans for Accreditation, Assessment, and Evaluation and
Curriculum, using data from the Evaluation Unit as
- Miscellaneous duties related to the Departmental, College and
University missions; participation in faculty meetings.
- MD, DO, MBBS, PhD, EdD or equivalent in education, health
professions education, curriculum, assessment and/or evaluation,
psychology or a field relevant to medical education.
- 3 or more years of progressively responsible experience in
clinical education and/or teaching in a medical school or academic
- Experience in education program assessment strategies.
- Knowledge of modern principles, practices, and procedures of
educational assessment practices.
- Experience and/or demonstrated appreciation of diversity and
inclusion and success in facilitating learning for a diverse
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE
ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women,
special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently
separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of
disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to