The Administrative Assistant assists in the daily operational
management for the various business centers located within the
Craig School of Business, including budgeting, customer service,
and administrative support duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but not limited to:
• Serves as initial contact, answers telephones, emails, assesses
and responds to inquiries, provides appropriate information and
direction, scheduling classroom or event space, processes mail and
• Prepares and reviews reports, forms, and documents; ensures
compliance with policies and campus procedures; maintains web
pages; schedules and prepares for meetings and/or special
• Processes purchase orders and remittance vouchers, maintains
office supplies, and collects and deposits miscellaneous
• Assigns and supervises the work of student employees.
• Serves as operational liaison to other departments, campus, and
• Assists with the development and oversight of budget and
financial information, such as maintaining balances, researching
discrepancies, and preparing reports and recommendations.
• Assists in the coordination and publicity of departmental
activities and events, including the design of brochures,
newsletters, or invitations.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
High School diploma or GED .
One year of specialized training in office administration or
Three years of administrative support or related experience.
Strong Excel skills
Sedentary work; exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Office principles and practices
• Budgeting principles
• Organizational structure
• Various software applications, especially Microsoft Excel
• Customer service
• Computer applications
• Organization and time management
• Various office equipment
• Verbal and written communication
• Communication, as applied to interaction with students,
coworkers, administration and the general public
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Open Until Filled