A.T. Still University's School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona
(ATSU-SOMA) is seeking applications for non-exempt adjunct faculty
in Osteopathic Principles and Practice (OPP) at the Mesa
Skills and Experience:
- Facilitate weekly OPP Skills lab for osteopathic medical
students I and II throughout the academic year.
- Participate in practical examination days.
- Administrative responsibilities as directed by OPP chair.
- Attend/or complete mandatory faculty training sessions as
outlined by the Dean.
- Maintain ATSU-SOMA presence and relationships in professional
organizations such as: National Board of Osteopathic Medical
Examiners (NBOME), American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic
Medicine (AACOM), American Osteopathic Association (AOA), American
Academy of Osteopathy (AAO), and the Osteopathic Cranial
- Participate in interprofessional activities that may include
dental students and other health professional students.
- Additional academic duties in OPP curriculum, integration of
OPP in clinical cases, and in the community as agreed upon with the
course director or OPP chair.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to demonstrate a
variety of lab skills in Osteopathic Principles and Practice in
small group interactive hands-on sessions.
- Willingness to teach OPP that is consistent with the ECOP
curriculum and ATSU-SOMA selected procedures.
- College plus postgraduate studies.
- Type: NMS/OMM board certified DO or equivalent.
- Preferred specific training and/or current certification in
Osteopathy in the Cranial Field (OCF).
- Preferred minimum of 2 years:
- Clinical practice integrating osteopathic manipulative medicine
- OMM teaching experience or equivalent.
- Small group facilitation
- Hold and maintain current Arizona medical license in good
- Hold and maintain board certifications in good standing.
- Demonstration of past and current professionalism as set forth
by the State Osteopathic licensing board and ATSU standards of
- Willingness to learn and utilize distance learning
technologies; curriculum development skills; team participation;
Please note that adjunct positions are only filled on an as-needed