Under the direction of the Director of Sponsored Research, the
Senior Research Financial Analyst will be responsible for
implementation and execution of various post-award and financial
monitoring activities in support of FBRI’s sponsored program
operations. The successful candidate will assist in award setup,
compliance monitoring, reporting and closeout of sponsored
research, outreach, and training projects which will include
interacting with faculty, staff, and students in contract
negotiation and award setup, reading and dissection of sponsor
solicitations and requirements, effectively communicating award and
reporting requirements to faculty and other award team members,
compliance monitoring, reviewing transaction and project level
spending, developing and maintain spending models, working with
sponsoring agencies as needed and working with the university
Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) to meet all university and
sponsor award requirements. This position has access to
confidential, proprietary and sensitive information.
A Criminal Background Check is required.
• Master’s degree in business administration or other related
field, or equivalent training, experience, certification.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and implement complex
regulations, procedures and/or compliance standards, and experience
working in a complex regulatory environment.
• Demonstrated experience in budget development.
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage large volumes of work to
anticipate and meet deadlines.
• A strong commitment to customer service.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Excel.
• Experience in an academic research environment.
• Experience with federally funded research programs, experience
with NIH a plus.
• Experience in research grant and contract administration.
• CRA or other applicable professional certification.