Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work
environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty
and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the
highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We
value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic
community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us
as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build
upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Student
Success Navigator, Catto Scholarship
position. Reporting to the
Associate Director, the Student Success Navigator, Catto
Scholarship provides a high-quality onboarding and orientation
experience designed to get students off to a solid and supported
start as a Catto Scholar. The Student Success Navigator will work
with the entire Catto Scholarship team, Enrollment Management,
Educational Support Services, and other areas at the College to
successfully take students from the admissions process through
orientation and bridge programming, providing a broad range of
guided supports and services to scholarship recipients. This
includes, but not limited to, ensuring Catto Scholars meet all
eligibility requirements for a seamless onboarding experience;
helping students identify potential barriers to success and
connecting them to supports and resources at the outset; connecting
all students to their respective Catto Student Success Coach and
working with students throughout their time at the College to
ensure eligibility is established and maintained for improved
retention, student success and completion.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please
visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply”
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees
are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality,
comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important
component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and
all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and
New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelors' degree in education, social services, or related field
• Three (3) years of related experience working in a higher
education or college and career readiness environment serving
culturally diverse populations required.
• Experience with providing resources and services to students and
implementing proven strategies to support and improve student
• Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional
attention to detail required.
• Experience successfully working independently as well as part of
a team with a collaborative approach to problem-solving
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative
• Demonstrated ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and
respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students,
faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural,
ideological and ethnic backgrounds by effectively using
cross-cultural skills and abilities required.
• Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service
• Demonstrated ability to assess student populations in order to
develop effective intervention strategies required.
• Ability to travel within the local area required.
• Proficiency using MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel required.
• Experience engaging diverse populations through various mediums
such as webinars, presentations, live chat, teleconferencing,
email/text/phone, etc. is required.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to recognize and protect confidential information and
exercise judgment, tact and diplomacy in handling sensitive
information and situations required.
• Awareness of FERPA and ethical principles in working with
• Master's degree preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a
regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Familiarity with integrated management software such as Banner,
Starfish and OrgSync, as well as social media platforms,