Senior Director of Administrative Services
Position Title Senior Director of Administrative Services
Posting Type Wide Distribution
Department Administrative Services Regular
Campus Ocean Campus
Job Category Administrative
Salary (Applicant View) Compensation:
The annual salary range upon entry for the position is $108,604.35 to $184,180.54.
Immediately upon appointment
Appointment Type Administrative - Director
Full Time/Part Time - Full Time
The Senior Director of Administrative Services supervises the District's Purchasing functions including purchasing contracts, and fixed asset inventory: administers the District's self-insurance programs; the District Printing Center, oversees the collection of tuition and fees, the coordination of the use of District's facilities; and overseeing and negotiating Instructional Services Agreement (ISA) and contract leases. Assists as requested with budget and auditing functions, and advises District staff on financial matters and resource utilization. Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Assists in the development of District's purchasing, insurance, contracts, and fee collection policies and procedures.
2) Ensure expenditures in all accounts are accounted for legally and accurately in accordance with District and Chancellor's Office policies and regulations; maintain adequate account balances.
3) Plans, organizes, and administers the bidding and contracting activities of the District, including supervision of the development, solicitation, evaluation, and completion of bids by Purchasing staff to ensure maximum cost effectiveness and minimal legal liability to the District.
4) Reviews requisitions for appropriateness of account number, approval levels, pricing, and asset management identification; delegates buying assignments to staff; obtains verbal and written quotes; assists in the development and enhancement of bid specifications to purchase materials, equipment, and services; coordinates the processing of public notices; conducts bid openings and awards or recommends awarding of purchase contract.
5) Work effectively and cooperatively with all District departments, representative from the State Chancellor's Office, and outside vendors.
6) Oversee and participate in the development and administration of the budget; participate in the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments.
7) Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities for assigned programs; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
8) Supervise preparation of routine reports as well as special financial or statistical studies.
9) Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; recommended, within departmental policy, appropriate service and staffing levels.
10) Serve as staff on variety of boards, commissions, and committees; prepare and present staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
11) Trains, instructs, and supervises subordinate staff.
12) Provides management coordination of those function supervised with other District managers and staff and with other agencies.
13) Supervises all purchasing, contracts, insurance, and bursars' functions of the District in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
14) Provides assistance to the Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration, and the Associate Vice Chancellor for Finance by performing special and fiscal services projects as requested.
15) Assists in the annual audit of the District.
16) Serves on District and state-wide committees as assigned, including participating collegiality on CCSF Participatory Governance committees.
17) Attends Boards of Trustees' meetings; makes presentations, and prepares and submits reports and action items related to areas of responsibility.
18) Performs additional administrative duties and services as assigned.
1) Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with community college students with disabilities, various sexual orientations, and diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
2) A Possession of a master's degree; and one year of formal training, internship or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator's administrative assignment.
[If you would like to claim equivalency, the Administrative Equivalency Application Form is available on the left side margin. This form will be considered as part of the application materials and must be submitted on or before the filing deadline as indicated on this job posting.]
1) Three years of demonstrated experience in campus and vendor purchasing.
2) Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and private contract and grant regulations.
Benefits Choice of several health plans, plus $50,000 Group Life Insurance and Dental Care Plan.
New employees hired on or after January 1, 2014, will contribute 2% of salary to the San Francisco Retiree Health Care Trust Fund (RHCTF).
Compensation: Total compensation includes a health insurance plan.
To apply for this posting, start by completing an online Application for Administrative Position at http://jobs.ccsf.edu. To be considered for this posting, the following materials must be submitted and received by the Human Resources Department on or before 11:59p.m. of the positing filing deadline. Substitution of required document(s) is not permitted.
Applicant: Please do not send any application materials to other departments. The Human Resources Department is not responsible for any documents addressed and/or sent to other departments.
1. A detailed letter expressing interest in the position, indicating specifically how the minimum qualifications and as many as possible of the desirable qualifications will be fulfilled. Minimum and desirable qualifications are listed in this posting. The letter should also address the applicant's background and skills in the areas stated in the Examples of Duties.
2. A current resume summarizing educational and administrative background and experience.
3. A city College of San Francisco Electronic Administrative Position Application completed in full and applied to this specific posting online. The statement "See Resume" is not acceptable.
4. A list of five (5) academic and professional references with names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses that include: faculty, classified and/or support staff, an administrator, a supervisor, and a colleague of managerial, supervisory ranking. ( If you are among the final candidates, references will be contacted. The District may also contact other references not on your list, only if you are among the final candidates.)
5. Copies of transcripts verifying the degrees and majors as listed on applicant's CCSF Application Form; official transcripts and actual verification of work experience will be required at a later date. [NOTE: Degrees and majors must be posted on transcripts to be considered in the application processed. Foreign Degree Evaluation sources information is located on the left side margin.]
6. Diversity Statement: Separate from your letter of interest, submit a concise response to relate several of your experiences of your involvement in circumstances or environments which strongly affected your understanding of and ability to function in a diverse community comprised of students and colleagues from varying academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientations, disabilities, and ethnicities.
Applicants bear the sole responsibility for ensuring that all application materials are complete when submitted and are received by the Human Resources Department by 11:59 p.m. on the posting filing deadline. Postmarks will not be honored. Emails are not acceptable. Incomplete application packages will not be considered. All materials become the property of the City College of San Francisco, and will not be returned. Application files for this posting will not be considered for other postings. For additional assistance, please call Human Resources Department at (415) 452-7660.
ADA Statement Applicants who require a reasonable accommodation to participate in this hiring process should contact the Title 5/EEO/ADA Compliance Officer at 415/452-5053 to make the necessary arrangements. Please be aware that verification of a covered disability under the ADA may be required.
Selection Procedure/Conditions of Employment
Applicants who meet all minimum qualifications and have all required application documents in the CCSF Human Resources Department on or before the filing deadline will be included in the initial review processes to be conducted by the Search Committee. A reasonable number of applicants who are judged by the Committee as best matching the requirements of the position will be invited for a personal interview with the Search Committee. An additional interview will be offered to applicants who are advanced beyond the initial interviews (full-time position only).
Employees must satisfy all the pre-employment requirements for a CCSF Release to Work Authorization Certificate prior to appointment which include, but are not limited to, tuberculosis clearance (EC 87408.6), fingerprinting processing, and verification of their legal right to work in the United States.
City College of San Francisco reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify or to rescind this job posting at any time without prior notice.
It is the policy of the City College of San Francisco to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, religion, age, gender, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, disability or AIDS/HIV status, medical conditions, gender identity, or status as a Vietnam-Era veteran. These categories specifically include status as a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning person in any District program or activity. For further information, contact the Title 5/EEO/ADA Compliance Officer at (415) 452-5053.
Posting Number AD00058P
Job Open Date
Application Review Date
Job Close Date 07/30/2021
Open Until Filled No
Contact Dr John Al-Almin, Vice Chancellor of Finance & Administration
Contact Phone/Extension 415-239-3497
Special Instructions to Applicant
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. Letter of Interest
3. List of References
5. Diversity Statement
1. Transcript(s) - additional
2. Copy of Diploma and/or Transcript
3. Equivalency Application Form
4. Foreign Degree Evaluation
5. Other Document 1